1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Food Pie -what is your favorite?

Discussion in 'Tilted Food' started by Craven Morehead, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Apple pie. My absolute favorite ever.
    Peanut Butter Silk pie. My second absolute favorite ever.

-drools-

2. wyopen

wyopen Getting Tilted

For some reason I'm craving cherry pie, tonight. I need pie!

3. snowbaby16

snowbaby16 Vertical

Key Lime Pie is my new love.

4. LinaT14

LinaT14 Vertical

Hmmm. I'll eat almost any kind of pie. Especially if the crust is homemade and flaky.

5. Levite

Levite Levitical Yet Funky

I am fighting a major craving for chocolate cream pie. If I knew where to get a good slice right now, I would surrender.

6. chevyjunky77

chevyjunky77 New Member

Strawberry-Rhubard cant beat it.

7. AlterMoose

AlterMoose Slightly Tilted

Dutch apple pie, number one, always. Nicely spiced apples, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger; sweet crumbly streussel topping. What's not to like?
    Chess pie. Chocolatey, coconutty, so sugary it's almost gritty, uber-rich. Not for every day, to be certain, but a treat once in a while.
    Mincemeat around Thanksgiving and Christmas.
    Strawberry-rhubarb during the summer, if I'm feeling frisky.
    Pecan; pumpkin; sweet potato; peanut butter; key lime.....pie, pie, piepiepiePIE!! Yes. Please. Thank you. Pie good. I don't think I've ever met a pie that I out and out disliked.

Pie good.

8. Remixer

Remixer Middle Eastern Doofus

Fucking Aussies and their fucking meat pies. Thank God for the Lebs and their kebabs. The shit you guys put into your meat pies is horrible, horrible stuff.

Chocolate
    [​IMG]

Apple Crumble
    [​IMG]

Blueberry Crumble
    [​IMG]

9. spindles

spindles Very Tilted

To be fair, if I make it myself I can't really complain about the filling ;)

• Like Like x 1
  10. SirLance

SirLance Death Therapist

Mincemeat, apple, strawberry rhubarb

11. Zen

Zen Very Tilted

I just remembered ... I was over at my Mother's for her birthday party .. well ... just me visiting her. There's a home-made pie shop nearby. Good butcher, good meat. Good pies. She got me a steak and kidney pie from there. It was very nice indeed.

Though in general, I totally share Remixer 's view on meat pies. So many of them are an insult to the eater and to the animal. In a KateShansky kind of way, I just remembered a meat pie I had at University. Now there was a pie. I remember mentioning at the time, that the animal who contributed to that one must have marched to the abattoir with a sense of pride, a sense of joy at the pleasure it knew it'd give to the eaters, who would remember, and do honour to h/er memory in years to come.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  12. shanifaye

shanifaye Dominissive

In preference order

Lemon (without meringue)
    Fudge Brownie
    Mock Mince Meat
    Apple
    Cherry
    Coconut Cream

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ayashe

Ayashe Getting Tilted

I don't eat a lot of sweets but I would have to say a warm slice of dutch apple pie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream is the best. The other day I had an odd experience, one of my coworkers brought in "apple pie" and it wasn't apple at all. She was chuckling and admitted it was a mock apple pie made with ritz cracker. It was strange but it tasted alright.

14. SirLance

SirLance Death Therapist

My grandmother's was awesome....

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ayashe

Ayashe Getting Tilted

Grandmothers almost always had something memorable like that. Now I am feeling nostalgic for my own grandmother's pies.

16. I wish I could have a piece of my grandmother's sugar cream pie right now.

Nice memory to have...

• Like Like x 1
  17. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

How have I not posted in this thread?

I love pie. I love savory pies. I love dessert pies.

I make very good Pumpkin Pies and Pecan Pies. If I had to choose a favourite it would be Cherry (but with good cherries not those atomic red abominations). I also have a soft spot for raisin pie.

As for savory pies, chicken pot pie, beef, and even a really good quiche are all good with me.

• Like Like x 1
  18. My favourite by far. Distant second would be strawberry rhubarb, unless quiche is considered pie. Mmmmm, bacon, smoked pepper, quiche.

19. Pixel

Pixel Getting Tilted

We have gone from making pumpkin pie to sweet potato pie for thanksgiving at our house. Those are so good.

I also love a good apple, cherry, or pecan pie. Oh and a bbq joint close to my house makes a lemon meringue pie that is consistently awesome. Nothing worse than a weepy, wet meringue.

20. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

Lemon meringue. Always, key lime second favorite.