1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Pity Party Music

Discussion in 'Tilted Art, Photography, Music & Literature' started by Plan9, Aug 19, 2011.

1. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

One more to set the mood. (This has B's, guess I'm a primary guy)

2. Tophat665

Tophat665 Slightly Tilted

For reasons I don't care to go into, the following make particularly good feeling down music for me:

3. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

Nim Vind. One of my favorite emo tunes to sing in the car when I'm alone.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
  4. Jetée

Jetée Getting titled

5. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

Henry Rollins' entire self-titled musical career is basically a post-relationship pity party. Some of his finest:

I've got my arms wrapped around myself; you've got your arms wrapped around someone else.

I don't want you because I hate you; I hate you because I want you.

The groans and grunts in Love Song are really disturbing. More so when you can relate to it.

Last edited: May 30, 2012
  6. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

I'm not a huge Foo Fighters fan but this particular song is most excellent and definitely fits in here.

My heart is under arrest again... but I break loose. My brain is giving me life or death... but I can't choose. I swear I'll never give in... I refuse.

7. Hektore

Hektore Slightly Tilted

8. uncle phil

uncle phil Moderator Emeritus (and sorely missed) Staff Member Donor

9. Jetée

Jetée Getting titled

I found this playlist just a few days ago (Sat.?).
    I then promptly signed up.

- - -
    EDIT
    more details that came to mind:
    I remembered that I went on a impetus-prompt web search shortly thereafter watching the finale to the second viewing of this great series, and in particular, this scene of the program

Last edited: Jul 31, 2012