1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Pointless Advice

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by genuinemommy, Feb 7, 2013.

1. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Here's a "lessons learned" for you folks...
    When getting new contacts...put them in a NEW container...NOT an empty old one that's been sitting around. :rolleyes:

Yep, I gave myself Pink Eye...took my new sample that I got from the doc while I was waiting for my order to come in...put it in a used container during the week when I use my glasses at work.
    Then decided to put them in for the weekend, slept in them (just to make sure I was really marinated...)
    And JUST after I had finally gotten a cute woman I've been going back & forth on, to accept a date (that night) ...the irritation kicked in.

Thru the day it got worse, took them out even....put in some max strength Visine.
    But it got painful, my eyes were tearing and weeping, got inflamed and cloudy...couldn't see out of that eye and it closed up. (looked like friggin pirate)

Needed to say....I finally called her up and canceled. (can't catch a fuckin' break)
    Then drove myself to the urgent care....need my eyes for work, dammit. (do you know how hard it is to drive with one eye?? And no, I had no one to help me and no time to wait for a cab...if they'd come to my place)

Yes, I'm better...but you see that guy in the pic? He's an idiot. (and yes, he was an idiot too...kind of appropriate on a smaller scale here)
    I can only hope I get another date with her...

• Like Like x 1
  2. genuinemommy

genuinemommy Moderator Staff Member

If you hit your toddler, you have no right to refer to yourself as a "gentleman".

• Like Like x 2
  3. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

• Like Like x 1
  4. genuinemommy

When you feel really crappy about yourself and you wonder what the heck you should be doing with yourself... go look at your CV and dwell upon every single award you've been given. You'll walk away feeling awesome.

5. POPEYE

POPEYE Very Tilted

patience wins all battles

• Like Like x 1
  6. genuinemommy

When your keyboard on your desk top annoys you, just go out and get a new one. They're so stinkin' cheap and even a junky new one is better than a sticky old one.

• Like Like x 2
  7. martian

martian Server Monkey Staff Member

Conversely: spending a little more up front for a good keyboard may result in your keyboard annoying you less often.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Stan

Stan Resident Dumbass

I agree with both, I spend too much time using keyboards and mice. Devices that annoy me go to an early grave.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

I keep working with annoying devices. It might be the only thing keeping me awake at work.

• Like Like x 1
  10. genuinemommy

Well, there is that. Way to find a positive in a negative.

• Like Like x 1
  11. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Last time I bought a keyboard, I went and tried several before buying one online; writing regularly means that I'm picky about the tactile response of keys.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Stan

Stan Resident Dumbass

I also need to fondle mice and keyboards before I buy them. I strongly prefer the feel of a mechanical kybd. I don't really need an audible "click"; but the feel has to be there. I'm not a very good typist, I need the mechanical feedback.

I prefer asymmetric, right handed mice. Sorry Lefties; but the kidney bean shaped, politically incorrect mice are best for me.

13. martian

martian Server Monkey Staff Member

• Like Like x 2
  14. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

15. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

You probably shouldn't joke about having a brain tumor with the neurologist. Based on his facial expression, anyway.

*disclaimer: brain tumors are not funny. The situation was the joke.

• Like Like x 1
  16. I make terrible "jokes" like that with my neuro. She just ignores me now.

• Like Like x 1
  17. genuinemommy

When you want to learn something, but feel like you're drowning in the effort to learn, keep looking for a teacher. Every attempt to learn will be rewarding, and will prepare you for the teacher who can help you piece it all together.

There are a billion people who think they can teach. Of those, select few are actually competent.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Stan

Stan Resident Dumbass

I make bad jokes with my gastroenterologist, she just ups my drugs until I stfu. Win-win

Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  19. genuinemommy

It's not always about you.

• Like Like x 2