1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Pointless Advice

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by genuinemommy, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

More Pointless Advice:

You can use Coca-Cola to clean corroded battery terminals.

Hot sauce can be used to clean dirty copper and brass.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  2. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

So can ketchup.

Toothpaste is really good as a minor abrasive.

However, all you really need to Clean All The Things is some Dawn dish detergent (nothing else is as concentrated), white vinegar, baking soda, and if you have pets, something with enzymes in it, in addition to boiling water and elbow grease. Borax and washing soda are also useful, but they aren't necessary.
    [​IMG]

3. toothpaste can be used to fill in nail holes in walls

leaves a nice minty smell, too!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

Specifically Plan9, more generally, everybody else.

• Like Like x 1
  5. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

When you call and leave a voice mail, say your callback number slooooooowly. Write it out as you're saying it if that helps.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

I saw a sign just about like that on the wall at the shop where I took my bass.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

Just think of the good things it does to your stomach lining. And those completely unnecessary parts like tooth enamel.

8. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

The day after I traded in my POS Jetta, I went down to see my dad at the same dealership.... They couldn't get it started that morning. I calmly pointed out the bottle of Coca Cola, the toothbrush, and the box of baking soda behind the seat. And then reminded them all the paperwork for the trade in has been completed and signed.

9. MSD

MSD Very Tilted

Yeah, your stomach lining is completely unprepared for any sort of acid.

• Like Like x 2
  10. MeltedMetalGlob

MeltedMetalGlob Resident Loser Donor

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
    • Like Like x 8
  11. MeltedMetalGlob

MeltedMetalGlob Resident Loser Donor

I was going to post this in the dating thread, but recently that thread's as much fun as the Nuremberg trials.

So, in here it goes: When on a date, be yourself. Chicks dig a guy who's genuine, even if he's a douche. Case in point: Donald Trump gets laid all the time (I imagine) but NOT because of his sense of humor!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
    • Like Like x 7
  12. omega

omega Very Tilted

If you get caught speeding, tell the truth. You might get out of a ticket. Probably not, but you have a better shot than lying to me or other officers. If we stopped you, its because we already had probable cause. You're not going to weasel out of a ticket.

13. minerva19

minerva19 New Member

marriage is not a word but a sentence.

14. I've heard both of these phrased a little differently.

If you're the smartest person in the room, you're probably in the wrong room.

If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole in the morning. If you run into assholes all day, you are the asshole.

• Like Like x 2
  15. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

Stop pissing on your shoes.

• Like Like x 1
  16. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

It turns them yellow

17. hamsterball

hamsterball Seeking New Outlets

Stay away from dinosaurs that have just been freed from ice after millions of years. They tend to be extremely cranky and prone to attacking large urban areas.

18. the_jazz

the_jazz Accused old lady puncher

I don't think that worked the way you think it did.

19. That unprofitable waste of time you spent doing your customer a favor probably just made you a friend for life. Never say "no" and watch your client base grow. The profits will follow.

• Like Like x 1