1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Pointless announcements 2.0

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by cynthetiq, Apr 1, 2017.

1. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

• Like Like x 1
  2. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Dogsitting while my friends are gone for the holidays. My friend told me that the pup wouldn't pee or poop unless on a walk--pup is prissy like that. So the schedule says two short walks a day for the bathroom.

Well, I have a huge backyard, and I let doggo out into it so doggo could run around. Doggo immediately poops and pees. Did the same thing this morning.

That's good because on walks, doggo was only getting to the next house before taking a shit. Now we can take longer walks without me carrying a full poop bag.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. snowy

My husband visited a Wawa when he was in Pennsylvania on business. It's not something he'd normally be interested in or go out of his way to visit, but he was amazed and enthused--said he could understand the hype and why people were obsessed.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. MrMD069

MrMD069 Very Tilted Donor

Only another day and we'll be on the upside of more daylight time. Slowly but surely!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

One of my favorite days of the year!:)

• Like Like x 1
  6. snowy

Listening to "Versace On the Floor" by Bruno Mars last night after we saw Thor Ragnarok, and I realized that I totally picture Tom Hiddleston all decked out when I hear it--definitely not Bruno Mars

• Like Like x 1
  7. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

It's pretty sad that I would need to search:
    Versace on the Floor (I do know who Bruno Mars* is), Thor Ragnarok (a movie, I already knew that much), and Todd Hiddleston.

* Mars' music isn't my taste, but I give him credit for being an actual musician, songwriter, arranger, & singer (unlike the girly-boy dwarf** from Canada :p). And his music has a certain life to it.

** My apologies to dwarves everywhere.

8. Freetofly

Freetofly Diving deep into the abyss

Mine Too!! I don’t like the winter months in England. So glad we are in sunny Florida for Christmas!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Freetofly

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. redux

redux Very Tilted

Why do American Jews eat Chinese food on Christmas?

There's more to the tradition of New York Jewish people eating Chinese food on Christmas than just convenience. When the two largest non-Christian immigrant groups settled in lower Manhattan around the turn of the 20th century, they found themselves both without plans for the holiday. So why not celebrate together?

Merry Christmas to all!

• Like Like x 2
  11. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

I like being nekkid...often that way at home.
    Even could be a nudist
    BUT there's too much etiquette (nudity is freedom to me)
    AND I don't want others' asses on my furniture. :rolleyes:

Hmm...maybe I should have put that in the "Adult PA" thread.
    Oh well, my ass is here now ;)

Last edited: Dec 26, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Freetofly

IMG_3011.JPG @Zen grew a big head. Loving the weather in Florida!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 4
  13. MrMD069

"And the man in the back is ready to crack as he raises his hands to the sky..."

14. Stan

Stan Resident Dumbass

Hell has frozen over, to some extent. This anti-Apple bigot has a personal MacBook. My employer sells used laptops to employees at a serious discount. My old Asus croaked a while ago and the used Lenovo's were either low end or overpriced. My over 40 eyes need a nice display to read easily.

I picked up a refurbished mid-2015 MacBook Pro with 15" Retina screen, I7, 16M memory and a 512G SSD. Overkill for nearly everything I do and I'm fine with that. I still don't care much for the way Apple wants to control everything; but it's a nice piece of hardware.

• Like Like x 2
  15. snowy

Dogsat for a friend for two weeks. While I liked having the company and the motivation to walk three times a day, one of my cats did not take kindly to having her territory invaded. She and her sister are now passed out, side by side, sleeping peacefully without fear of interruption by a mini Doxie.

• Like Like x 1
  16. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

Nobody wants to see me naked. Lol

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

17. Fremen

Fremen Allright, who stole my mustache?

Was just watching Breaking Bad for the first time and the closed captioning read, "sirens whaling".

• Like Like x 1
  18. MrMD069

But, I ENJOY throwing the baby out with the bath water.

19. Remixer

Remixer Middle Eastern Doofus

A recent visit of the Australian Museum of Contemporary Art has confirmed, once again, that the scene is just not for me.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

Here we have the annual Houston Art Car Parade. I once made the mistake of telling our gifted artist neighbor, who was friends with some of the people involved in the parade, "Gluing shit on your car doesn't make it art." To be fair, many of the creations are very (positively) impressive.

• Like Like x 1