1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Pointless announcements 2.0

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by cynthetiq, Apr 1, 2017.

1. omega

omega Very Tilted

And where is plan9?

2. It has been quite lovely around here.....

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

said, "I love you" to each other
    we still have some ways to go

• Like Like x 3
  4. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

sounds like a move in the right direction

5. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

As the Zen Master said, “We’ll see”...

• Like Like x 1
  6. Olympian

Olympian Vertical

Oh my god! The throwups of a chicken tastes so well and even when I tell people about how the throwup tastes well I only have to eat puke out of 102 different kinds of species and when I get to taste the balls of a cross-over between a cow and a horse those balls taste just like human flesh! I feel so lucky!

Of course there was always the option of being an extremely evil person and doing every harm possible against innocent people but hey, I got to live in America and we don't have that kind of people round here. Nor do they deserve to be cleansed from the earths surface...?

What you should ask yourself is what makes Trump possible.

7. redux

redux Very Tilted

Trump benefited from the perfect storm.

A huge field of Republicans in the primary, many of whom were indistinguishable from each other but split the vote in state after state in the primaries.

A seriously flawed Democratic opponent who, beyond her unpopularity and weaknesses, ran a serious flawed campaign.

A growing anti-Washington movement and many looking for an "outsider" or a populist; Trump played this card extremely well, depsite being the furthest possible candidate who could honestly campaign as a "populist."

And, on top of the anti-Washington movement, a small but growing far right nationalist movement like much of Europe with it fringe parties; the difference being the US presidential system (and electoral college giving power to the states) versus a parliamentary system.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Olympian

Olympian Vertical

Hahahahahaha

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

and @Wildmermaid

• Like Like x 2
  10. redux

redux Very Tilted

I would be happy to discuss the Trump "phenomenon" further if you like?

But first a question. Are you a supporter of the far right Sweden Democrats? Are they not relatively popular in your city (helsingborg) ?

11. Olympian

Olympian Vertical

It's correct that I live in Helsingborg and it's correct that I don't support Sverigedemokraterna. I support myself as a human being.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 27, 2018, Original Post Date: Jan 27, 2018 ---
    Discuss? Or we keep secrets?

12. redux

redux Very Tilted

That's good!

13. Olympian

Olympian Vertical

Go on..

14. redux

redux Very Tilted

Its interesting and a little disconcerting to see the number of new "populist" candidates (far right nationalists) in the mold of Marine Le Pen and Trump spring up across Europe.

Apparently, the latest is in Finland where presidential elections are this month and a Le Pen wannabe is making news.

Finland’s Marine Le Pen
    She hates the EU, cheered Brexit, supports Trump — and believes Finland needs her brand of populism.

“Finland first!” “Let’s take Finland back!”

She is polling at 6 percent.

15. Olympian

Olympian Vertical

So if I lived in Finland and I agreed with her on every subject I would only lose 94% of my actual power to change my life.. or wait I would still be one out of 5,5 millions. so maybe it's not such a great trade.

Obviously there's no alternative to being ruled because who could even begin to think of such a thing.

16. redux

redux Very Tilted

I'm not a fan of anarchy. Are you?

17. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

Answer = Hillary Clinton:(

• Like Like x 1
  18. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

Stupidity.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Olympian

Olympian Vertical

Absolutely. Anarchy is a requirement for pretty much all good things on this planet.

20. redux

redux Very Tilted

Sounds pointless to me.

Maybe visual aids will help!
    [​IMG]

Have fun!