1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Pointless announcements 2.0

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by cynthetiq, Apr 1, 2017.

1. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

I finally got my damned iTunes to work.

It wasn't recognizing my cell for long while.
    Couldn't figure it out.
    And Apple support sucks
    And their documentation sucks too.

Now it's finally fucking backed up again.
    What a concept...

2. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

Took today off, spent a couple hundred miles on the bike, met my sister, mom, and baby niece for lunch. Was a beautiful day out.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Fremen

Fremen Allright, who stole my mustache?

Another unintentionally hilarious YT comment to add to the others.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I'm oddly excited about this patch of grey hair that's coming in.....

I'm hoping I get a cool streak like JoBeth Williams's character in Poltergeist.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Borla

We talking about leg hair or back hair?

• Like Like x 2
  6. Why are you obsessed with my body parts?

7. Borla

You brought them up! I was just trying to figure out which part was grossest.

8. Your head is the grossest.

9. Borla

You meant to say glorious. My head is glorious.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Yes, the size of your gigantic dome is glorious...

• Like Like x 3
  11. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

Facial is my guess.

• Like Like x 1
  12. rogue49

Shh...I'm watching the tennis match that @ZombieSquirrel and @Borla are having.
    What's the score??

• Like Like x 1
  13. Fremen

*munches popcorn*

• Like Like x 2
  14. Fremen

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  15. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

Love-love

• Like Like x 5
  16. POPEYE

POPEYE Very Tilted

Going home after spending the weekend with Sandy, mowing and edging coming up.

17. rogue49

I did a little Fast & Furious myself in the car...got it up to 100 at here and there. (damn car doesn't know it's own strength...that thing pops easy) :cool:
    The key is to beat the kid racers at their own game...but do it safely (no tail riding, no cutting people off, give enough space, use signals and keep it within reason...mostly within 20 of the limit)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Borla

In my young and dumb days I did a bit of street racing, and some legit racing at an NHRA drag strip. Don't want to get into too much detail, but I'll say that my car had a speed limiter at 165mph and I ended up reprogramming the PCM to take it off. :eek: I had at least one close call with a very lenient law enforcement officer. Speed limit was 65mph, I was racing a Mustang GT. I thought it was "safe" because we were on a rural interstate with basically no traffic. Little did I know there was a state trooper running a speed trap, clocking from an overpass with three other troopers a mile or two down the road. I must've already been past the Mustang and slowing down because he got me "only" going almost 60mph...........OVER the posted limit. By the time I got to the waiting troopers I had slowed down to 75ish.

By law he could've impounded my car, arrested me, written me for reckless driving and racing, etc. Long story short, he just wrote me for the speeding and let me drive away with a mandatory court appearance. The judge was shocked that I showed up with that offense in the pile of vanilla speeders. The law in IL (it is even harsher now) said that anyone 40mph over gets classified with the same punishments as a DUI. He consulted with the ADA in the courtroom and agreed they wouldn't throw the book at me, so I got out with a $500 fine (this was almost 15yrs ago) and 1yr court supervision. The max punishment (this is just for the extreme speeding) could've been license revoked (i.e. lose it for a min of a year, then have to petition the state to EVER get it back), one year of jail, and $2000 fine. So I was extremely fortunate.

Today, the law in IL is that the same "extreme speeding" punishment is in place for anything more than 30mph over the limit. Many states are the same, or similar. So as much as I always loved going fast, guess who decided the risk/reward just isn't there anymore? :D

• Like Like x 2
  19. rogue49

It's rare these days I'll do it.
    As a matter of fact, the last speeding ticket I got was 2 years ago when I got this current car. And that was because I wasn't used to it punching as easily and powerfully as it is. (80 in a 65)

Again most I'll do these days is 10 over...maybe set at 20 if the flow of traffic is that pace, anything over is considered "reckless".

No excuses, I was just in a weird mood.

20. POPEYE

POPEYE Very Tilted

My Santa Fe has a turbo. Needed to jump into traffic. I can go from zero to 100 in 6 seconds. I can remember when only a high dollar sports car do that.

• Like Like x 1