1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Pointless Announcements

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Baraka_Guru, Aug 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

This is like Facebook and its status updates.

...except without your grandmother....

...or your boss....

...or all your old high-school friends posting nothing but mundane stories about their kids....

* * * * *​

I'm still amazed at so-called professionals who somehow have no idea what plagiarism entails.​

• Like Like x 4
  2. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Today is going to suck.

3. Fremen

Fremen Allright, who stole my mustache?

I had my first full beer last Saturday at my nephew's b-day party.
    Not bad for a guy turning 40 in two days, eh? ;)

/not really a beer if it's Smirnoff Ice Cherry Lime Beer

4. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

I get up and the first thing I do is of course jump on here...this could be worse than the Facebook thing as far as hovering over it

5. CoffeeBee

CoffeeBee Slightly Tilted

Insecurity is not a good feeling.:(

6. the_jazz

the_jazz Accused old lady puncher

Happy Post Bot has access to this thread.

You have been warned.

7. Speed_Gibson

Is Happy Posting Bot working with Big Brother? I knew it! :eek:
    *Starts practicing saying "I love you Big Brother" so it will sound sincere. *

8. the_jazz

You don't get it, Gibson. HPB tore Big Brother limb from limb and stuck his head on a pike.

There's an ancient evil in those circuit boards. Maybe that's why I find him so damn attractive. Like attracts like, ya know?

9. Speed_Gibson

Does that mean that RangerJoe is in cahoots with him? Normally this kind of reveal is saved for the end of the film, even though you know it is coming from the first five minutes in. Wait that would mean that we missed the gratuitous scene showing way more skin than needed just because of the rating too.

10. the_jazz

You've missed nothing. Our hero hasn't even revealed himself yet.

11. RangerJoe

RangerJoe Slightly Tilted

Back off, Barbie!

What can I say? I like the bad ones.

12. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

13. Speed_Gibson

This is to announce that I am still sitting here ignoring housework while thinking about starting such things. Perhaps I should notify you folks before tackling the back room where the kids do their magic in case I need a rescue party sent for me.

14. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

15. Lordeden

Lordeden Part of the Problem

Posting this from tapatalk app on the iPhone. Looks like everything works with this app and the new site.

Also, looks like there is a Russian TFP site. It came up when I searched for the site inside of tapatalk.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Speed_Gibson

my russian is horrible, I guess that means I must stay here then. And one дядя Фил is enough for now - there can be only one you know.

17. genuinemommy

genuinemommy Moderator Staff Member

I really want to camp out in Nashville next week for the conference, but I'm having a difficult time communicating with the other two ladies accompanying me on the trip. Somehow I don't think they'll be down with the idea.

18. I missed PA.

19. mixedmedia

mixedmedia ...

i just got home from work. and i don't have anything to do for the rest of the day but sit around watching crappy television.
    I feel so Roseanne Barr.

20. Speed_Gibson

Where are those robots we were promised in the 1950's? And I am starting to suspect that hover conversion may not quite be ready on a mass scale by 2015 as well.
    --- merged: Aug 2, 2011 5:50 PM ---
    The most I have ever had were a few wine coolers in the past few years. There was this fruity flavoured drink someone bought me in New York City during Fleet Week back in '98, but I took one sip of that and was done with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.