1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Pointless Announcements

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Baraka_Guru, Aug 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

I will not miss high school football.

Enough already! It's just high school football, it's not the fucking superbowl!

2. Remixer

Remixer Middle Eastern Doofus

Just went out of my way to purchase some high-fucking-quality fruits, teas and this:

[​IMG]

The things we do for very important houseguests (VIH?).

• Like Like x 3
  3. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

Our Christmas guests have arrived. We are heading out for Chili Crab tonight.

• Like Like x 1
  4. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Nothing says Christmas around here like Danish butter cookies.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

I've been relatively spared the negative consequences of the ice that's hit much of Ontario.

6. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

You're classy, Remixer. For serious.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Street Pattern

Street Pattern Very Tilted

I was up all night last night, and slept until 1pm. I had a strange dream.

I dreamed that people started living essentially forever. But a strange thing would happen when people got to be about 130 or 140 years old.

Starting at the anus, spreading to the perineum and lower buttocks, their skin would become completely transparent. Eventually it would cover an area about one foot (30 cm) in diameter -- the area that would cover a barstool.

And through this transparent skin, constellations and galaxies would become visible. Essentially you could look at the entire universe at any scale, from light-millenia (multiple of light-years) to subatomic.

Husbands and wives would take turns gazing into each others' bottoms.

It didn't occur to me during the dream to wonder how this worked with waste excretion.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

I just remembered I don't have to go to work tomorrow. Or next week. Or for more than one of the next ten days or three of the next fourteen. And in reality I'll probably work from home 2 of those 3 days.

How awesome is that?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Cannot be measured!

I have to work tomorrow, then not until Saturday. I could talk my way out of that as well, if I didn't have to deal with a bunch of month end stuff.

10. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

It's Monday... and I don't have to work for the next two weeks.

If only I could have slept in instead of helping my boy get his flights re-routed.

11. hamsterball

hamsterball Seeking New Outlets

I just had the same revelation, @Borla. Another Sunday night, another weekend blown by....but wait...I'm off for the next two weeks.....bliss ensued! :D

• Like Like x 1
  12. Street Pattern

Street Pattern Very Tilted

My office won't be open until Boxing Day.

13. GeneticShift

GeneticShift Show me your everything is okay face.

This is the greatest thing to happen to SNL in awhile. I'm dying.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Borla

Old bed spring squeek FTL.

15. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

Pfft, people that don't knock FTL. Put your hands up for us if you've been disturbed mid-coitus.

• Like Like x 1
  16. DamnitAll

DamnitAll Wait... what?

I fucking love those cookies.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Borla

I just woke up.

Latest I've slept in since........well I dunno, but probably a few years.

Nice job me.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

My boss' kid is hanging out this morning. She's 2. So far, I've had the inside of my nose brushed, my hair brushed all the way forward (I'm looking "cahute", she says), done six marching laps of the office, drawn three monkies, watched Elko and Jake and Mickey, and redid her pony three times. I'm never going to forgive the coworker that gave her half a donut this morning and then left. Kid's eyes were as glazed over as the donut. I asked her if it was good and she shook her head no, grabbed her bowl and pulled it close while hiding her fork from me. The pwessssciousssss...

19. Borla

A buddy of mine on another board had a co-workers' kid playing in his office one day and posted about it. You know what VERY WRONG thing I suggested he do, which he did?

Print out one of these and have her color it. He has it pinned on the door of his office to this day....

[​IMG]

20. Remixer

Remixer Middle Eastern Doofus

Ever since I bought a set of weights with barbell & dumbbells for my place, my SO has been subject to hearing me shout like a Spartan whenever I lift 2kg weights.

Good times.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.