1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Pointless Announcements

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Baraka_Guru, Aug 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Ten hours of sleep is glorious.

2. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

• Like Like x 5
  3. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

Did my good deed for the day.

Tons of snow again here today. Plow buried the end of her driveway. She got turtled on the snow trying to get into her driveway. Another neighbor guy and I helped dig her out and push her clear. Minutes later her husband gets home as she is starting to dig out the drift by hand. He doesn't bother helping her and just goes in the house. So I took my snow blower over there and knocked it out for her so she wouldn't have to.

My wife teases me that I have a crush on her (she's a cute red head) so I figure I might as well get some mileage out of it. :p

• Like Like x 4
  4. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

You are starting to sound like Charlie Brown and his crush on the cute red head. Given the size of your head...

• Like Like x 4
  5. Fremen

Fremen Allright, who stole my mustache?

6. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

You could've knocked/rang the doorbell, and asked the husband, "I saw you arrive home. Do you have any intention of helping me & one of your other neighbors dig your wife out of the snow?"

I saw a funny vid that was going around the net. A woman is caught on a security cam "borrowing" her neighbors snow shovel without asking, and she doesn't return it. He gets out his snowblower and very intentionally covers her car in snow.

Yesterday our high temp was in the low 80s.

• Like Like x 2
  7. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Work today.

8. Borla

He made it home just after we had gotten her out. But the drive was still pretty packed with snow, as obviously there was only a narrow path that the van needed to get through. I just couldn't believe leaving my wife to shovel a huge drift out of the way if I was home.

Several times this year she has shoveled their drive in the late afternoon so that it is clear when he pulls in from work. In the summer she is often/usually the one to mow the grass. Part of it may be how hard of a worker she is and she enjoys it? She is a stay at home mom. They have four kids, the last two were twins, I think they only planned on three. :D In good weather she always walks the oldest two to school and then walks back to the school to pick them up, is always playing with them in the yard, and I think is just generally a very devoted mother. I don't think he's a domineering type guy, he actually seems rather shy. She is very friendly and outgoing, he barely says a word. My wife says he almost acts like he's scared of me (I've barely had a conversation with the guy, and never had a cross word with him in the least, so I don't know why he'd be afraid :p ). He is TERRIFIED of Stanley. I don't know, maybe I'm reading to much into it. *shrug*

9. Fremen

Is your middle name Gladys, @Borla ? :p

10. Borla

You lost me. :D

It is supposed to be 40* today. I can't remember the last time it was that warm. At least 6-8 weeks ago?

11. Fremen

Gladys Kravitz, from Bewitched. Nosy neighbor to Samantha Stephens, the witch.
    Always knew their comings and goings. ;)

12. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

You never know the circumstances. Here's a true story.

My wife & were feeding a stray dog, and eventually put him on the backyard. He couldn't be an inside dog for several reasons, the main one being twice he tried to kill our cat when he slipped indoors. The thing is he would esacape the backyard by climbing our 7' high fence.

One day we returned home from shopping and I was truly desperate to go pee. I literally jumped out of the car and ran to the toilet once I was inside the house. A few minutes later my wife bursts into the house through the backdoor and starts screaming through tears, "Where were you? Didn't you hear me yelling for help? Where were you?" She was very seriously upset. I explained, several times, that I was desperate for the restroom, but she just kept repeating, "Where were you? Didn't you hear me? I needed your help! Where were you?"

I eventually found out that the dog had gotten himself caught on the fence, and was hanging on one of our neighbors side of the fence. One the sons was trying to lift the dog off the fence and was bitten (not seriously as we later found out). I couldn't hear my wife from the restroom, I explained that many times and she knew it, but that didn't stop her from repeating the "Where were you?" crap. My neighbors probably thought that I was leaving dealing with the dog up to my wife.

That dog eventually wound up at the humane society. He was a pit bull mix, and had already developed survival instincts before he showed up at our house. He was way too aggressive.

13. Borla

I work from home a lot. I have a view of the street from my desk, where I can see about 5-6 different houses in the neighborhood. So guilty as charged. :p

A bathroom need actually crossed my mind. About 10-15 minutes elapsed between the time he got home and we were done with his driveway. Unless there was some extreme "issues", it seems it was more than that. Combined with the other occasions she's been out there shoveling, maybe it is just the way they decide to divide the chores. I don't really care, I was glad to help, just seemed a touch odd is all.

• Like Like x 1
  14. cis689

cis689 Slightly Tilted

1656143_631475316921202_390230868_n.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  15. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

Good lawd. I just realized I'm in lust with Dave Grohl.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Back off lady pants. I was aware of my lust for him a long time ago.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

Relax, Ladies. There is enough Dave Grohl to go around.

• Like Like x 1
  18. MeltedMetalGlob

MeltedMetalGlob Resident Loser Donor

Thanks, @Baraka_Guru! That was exactly what I needed for my new series, "Punchlines Without Setups!"
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
  19. Fremen

Hello, I'm Dave Grohl. Seriously. Really.

-------

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
  20. hamsterball

hamsterball Seeking New Outlets

Southern California, and not a single snow pile in sight...:cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.