1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Pointless Announcements

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Baraka_Guru, Aug 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Oh...and they make you feel SO "warm and fuzzy" while you're waiting to get to the "front of the line"

• "Rest assured, the line is still moving and people are completing their purchases. We will update you when inventory is running low."
    • "Badge inventory is being monitored very closely. We will update you when a badge type is running low or sold out."
    • "Thank you for your patience. Our goal is to make this process less frustrating for you. We won’t always succeed, but we will continue to try."
    • "The waiting room is moving customers to their registration session every 120 seconds. Your personal registration session will begin when you have reached the front of the line. Make sure to have your Member ID ready!"
    • "Make sure your computer’s power saving settings are off or adjust them if needed. We don’t want your computer to power down or go to sleep while you’re waiting!"
    and so on...with notes about server performance.

I guess it's better than nothing.
    But it would be nice to have some type of dynamic graphic where you are in line.
    However, I guess that would create commotion.
    Instead, we get a spinning blue circle to show that we're still going...

I've saved all my info in a saved notepad file, just to C/P it IF and when I do get there.
    And to make sure I've gotten it all correct. No mistyping here...

And thankfully, I was smart enough to use Firefox for this instead of my Opera.
    They might not have programmed for Opera...that's all I need is for it to choke in the middle of it or right at the end.
    Firefox seems to have the most programmability these days...not the smoothest though.

Piss break quick... :rolleyes:

Last edited: Mar 15, 2014
  2. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

I found a little Spec's off Richmond... Dogfish Head! Piercing Pils, what what?!

• Like Like x 1
  3. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

12:52 EST

And the first warning bell...
    "Preview Night inventory is running low and may be sold out before you begin your online registration session. "

Fortunately, I wasn't interested in that anyway.
    Hell, even if I can get Sunday, I'll be happy...one day is enough, that thing is HUGE.

And now 12:54...
    "Preview Night and Saturday inventory is running low and may be sold out before you begin your online registration session."

And 12:55...
    "Friday badge inventory is running low. It is possible that you may not be able to purchase a Friday badge. We thank you for your patience during this process."

And 12:57...
    "We’re sorry, but the option to purchase Preview Night and Saturday has sold out. But don’t worry, there are still four other fabulous days of Comic-Con International to attend! Friday badge inventory is running low. It is possible that you may not be able to purchase a Friday badge. We thank you for your patience during this process."

And 12:59...
    " We’re sorry, but the option to purchase Preview Night, Friday and Saturday has sold out. But don’t worry, there are still three other fabulous days of Comic-Con International to attend! "

And 1:03...
    "We’re sorry, but the option to purchase Preview Night, Friday and Saturday has sold out. But don’t worry, there are still two other fabulous days of Comic-Con International to attend! Is your blue circle spinning? That graphic lets you know that your page is active and you will begin your registration session once you reach the front of the line. "

I guess they expanded the days available...because of popularity.
    But I don't know beyond the weekend...that's more difficult to get off...and who'll be there.

Nope, my bad...there's still Thursday and Sunday, I got confused when they mentioned 3 days.

And 1:11...
    " We apologize, but Preview Night, Friday and Saturday badges are sold out. Please select another badge type when you begin your registration session, or exit the waiting room to allow another registrant a chance to purchase a badge. Did you know that there is a full slate of programming from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM on Sunday at Comic-Con? It’s a great day to attend and walk the Exhibit Hall floor! "

I hate to say it...but maybe Sunday will be better because people use it for Church and family time.
    Helps being a non-religious guy with no immediate family. (yay, bonus for me... :rolleyes:)

And 1:14...
    " We apologize, but Preview Night, Friday and Saturday badges are sold out. Please select another badge type when you begin your registration session, or exit the waiting room to allow another registrant a chance to purchase a badge. Thursday badges are running low. "

And 1:20...
    " Sunday badges are running low. Be sure to have your credit card information ready for payment! "

And finally 1:23...
    " Comic-Con International 2014 badges have sold out! We thank all of your for your patronage and support! "

*sigh* No Go, folks. :(
    Oh well, there's still NY and Baltimore...they're fun too. (just not on the same scope or as many celebs)

They really need to get rid of the pre-purchase for previous ticket holders.
    That's not fair to people who didn't get to go last year.
    I know I'll be "communicating" to them about that.

I'm likely going to San Diego anyway to visit friends, I'll just have a bit more date/time discretion now. (there's good in everything.)

4. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

Unexpected: parts of Houston are actually pretty and unclogged by traffic. Memorial Drive is really green near the park. But, Whole Foods is prettier ;)

5. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Ummm, yes, we should start a movie with James McAvoy shirtless.

My focus has been destroyed.

• Like Like x 1
  6. hamsterball

hamsterball Seeking New Outlets

And then I got comfy with a book...and the lazy bastard came out of nowhere and put me to sleep.

Nap time over...

7. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

The magnolias on campus smell amazing.

8. MeltedMetalGlob

MeltedMetalGlob Resident Loser Donor

I know some of you consider wedding anniversaries NOT pointless. If you know my situation, then you'd agree that this IS the appropriate thread for this:
    [​IMG]

I'm actually half tempted to post this on Facebook where my old lady can see it. What's she going to do to punish me, take away the sex? LOL

• Like Like x 5
  9. Sitting @30 feet from the stage at the beautiful Fox Theater waiting for Stomp to begin.

• Like Like x 6
  10. Street Pattern

Street Pattern Very Tilted

Wonderful! Enjoy.

• Like Like x 1
  11. DamnitAll

DamnitAll Wait... what?

Dude...

:(

12. Jove

Jove Slightly Tilted

And the number 1 reason why I will never visit a strip club ever again (excluding the money depletion factor): I was getting a lap dance from a stripper who mentioned having a kid two weeks ago (congrats was my response) and her ex boyfriend is in prison until 2054 because he tried to kill her when she was 6 months pregnant (how terrible was my reply as I sat awkwardly in silence for the next 5 minutes). And she smelled not that great. Also, a homeless woman was asking if I could drive her somewhere as I was driving out of the parking out. I need to take a few more showers to get out the stink.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

I have a packing tape problem.
    I cannot send a box without covering nearly the entire thing in tape.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Street Pattern

Street Pattern Very Tilted

Your situation sounds even more difficult than mine.

I almost feel guilty for whining.

15. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

I'm totally going to pay a high class hooker to dress up like a Bond babe and fuck @MeltedMetalGlob to death.

It's the humane thing to do. His smile is going to be so big he's going to need a casket shaped like a keyhole.

That's how I want to go: rode to the great white beyond by an assertive girl that is familiar with the squat rack.

• Like Like x 12
  16. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

Holy shit! It's actually raining!

It hasn't rained in roughly two months.

17. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

It's raining here, too. It was so loud, I thought my neighbor fell down the stairs.

18. That was a fun show! An awful lot of talent and energy went into the nearly two hours of rhythm. Through it all, I believe I heard one missed beat, and I can't promise that one wasn't done on purpose.

• Like Like x 2
  19. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

I'm thinking of a friend and her family.

20. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

I'm happy with my life. Always looking forward to something but enjoying where I am, too. Should probably mention that more often.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.