1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Pointless Announcements

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Baraka_Guru, Aug 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fremen

Fremen Allright, who stole my mustache?

I keep hearing gunshots in the distance.
    The good and bad thing about living rural, you/they can shoot whenever you or they want.

2. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

Wow. Scurry. Also, like the south side of Chicago.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fremen

In the city would definitely be scurry to me.

4. RedSneaker

RedSneaker Very Tilted

LION KING TONIGHT!!!

(so excited)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Street Pattern

Street Pattern Very Tilted

In the city of Detroit, if you hear gunshots, and call 911, they want to know "How many shots?"

If it wasn't very many, they just don't have the resources to bother looking into it.

Maybe this has changed since 1982, when I lived there, but I doubt it.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
  6. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

I am at the movies! On a date!

• Like Like x 7
  7. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

Brother just came by and had a few drinks. We didn't dwell on the bad too much, that's nice. Daughter got to see her dad with a buzz on

• Like Like x 1
  8. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

Which is often when kids have some of their best insight into their parents.

• Like Like x 2
  9. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Wow. Had a great night with two awesome friends and am now hanging out with another awesome friend.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
    • Like Like x 3
  10. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Wut. Tapatalk.

• Like Like x 2
  11. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

I really need to go to bed.
    I'm not sleeping well and it's so much easier to sit here rather than lay in bed and think.

12. Fremen

Well, if I had to guess, there would have to have been more than 20 shots, but less than 50. That might warrant some patrol cars in Detroit.

13. RedSneaker

RedSneaker Very Tilted

Welcome to my world...

Hope you don't stay too long; it's not a great place to dwell.

14. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

Oculus was not bad. The small cast was uniformly good. Some of the audience got extremely freaked out and were talking to the screen. I consider myself pretty wimpy but only the "apple scene" made me cringe.
    It was not a typical horror movie but it had an evil mirror that controlled and killed it's owners. So supernatural, I suppose. Not necessary to see it on a big screen as it is a small-budget, indie movie. I'd like to see more of both Karen Gillan and Karen Sackoff in genres besides horror or scifi. Don't know why scifi girls tend to get stuck in the genre and can't break out.

15. Jove

Jove Slightly Tilted

The film would have been better if they avoided or destroyed the mirror when they first came to the house, but they clearly weren't the brightest people to take on a mirror that wreaked havoc on their family all those years ago.

16. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

We live in the city, and frequently hear gunshots nearby, very nearby. We call them in, but I'm not sure if the police actually send a patrol.

17. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

Sounds like the zombie horde will be there soon. You should probably avoid picking a prison for the new location if you do have to bug out.

18. roachboy

roachboy Very Tilted

Updating my academic CV for the first time in a while. Strange business. The idea of doing it made me jittery. Now that I've actually started, I am not sure that I have everything included. So am searching for myself. I suppose that's appropriate.

19. Fremen

That's one of the reasons I'll never live in a big city.

Yeah, a prison doesn't sound like a good place to hunker down. Too many doors to unlock on your way out.

20. hamsterball

hamsterball Seeking New Outlets

Just enjoyed a wonderful spring weekend and I'm not ready for it to end.

• Like Like x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.