1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Pointless Announcements

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Baraka_Guru, Aug 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

Let me guess... Jodie Foster? I don't see Emily Deschanel in me either.

2. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

I didn't really edit anything today, but I certainly got sideswiped by a crap-ton of admin.

3. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Announcement, I'm in a snippy mood.
    Do not trifle with me. :mad:

That's right, I said "trifle"
    And it's not pointless, I say!

4. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

Trifle you say?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  5. Fremen

Fremen Allright, who stole my mustache?

• Like Like x 2
  6. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

It's fairly sad that upon waking at 5:30 am, the first or second thought is about what time I get to go back to bed.
    For the second day in a row. Whomp, whomp.

• Like Like x 1
  7. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

3 more days of work over the next two weeks and then I'm done.

8. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

Adam Silver put on his big boy pants this morning.

• Like Like x 2
  9. snowy

When I read the news, I gasped, and my students asked, "WHAT?!"

10. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

The best way to get a hungry and overly affectionate Bengal out of your face during the dinnertime wait is to smother him with fake kisses.
    They hate that. :D

• Like Like x 2
  11. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

Just saw a blurb online that said "Fox Drama Almost Human cancelled".
    This tells me it is likely a a good show with sharp writing that should have lasted at least 2-3 more seasons. Will have to check it out whenever it hits Netflix.

On that same note it would not surprise me if Survivor and that one show singing show ....American Idol....(had to think about that one) will still be on the air in whatever form 50 years from now.

12. Street Pattern

Street Pattern Very Tilted

I just spent too many seconds struggling to parse that headline.

13. snowy

Watching Cosmos, it occurs to me that I spent hours trying to learn where everything was as an amateur astronomer with my Tasco telescope as a kid, and now I have an app for that.

• Like Like x 1
  14. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

Dammit. Dammit. Dammit.
    It was a good show.
    Not perfect but working on it and really better than most of the what we had out there.
    Karl Urban was good but Micheal Ealy made the part his own.
    Some of the supporting characters were pretty good too.
    Dammit.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

My sympathies.
    I watched it too and wrote about it every week but the last two. By then I knew it was going down not due to it being a bad show but because of BTS (behind-the scenes) BS. The co-creator quit the very first week it aired. Then, instead of airing the episodes in order they were all jumbled up. This was mostly OK but confusing when Dorian and Kennex seemed to run hot and cool on their partner-friendship.
    Maybe worst, they began airing it in November, so it ran during the holidays and the Olympics and took both a two week break and a three-week break in its 12 (13?) episode run.

FOX kills sci-fi shows. I don't know why I ever let myself start watching a new one.
    They have zero respect for the actors and fans too, in taking this long to finally let the bomb drop.
    Don't expect to see Karl Urban grace the small screen anytime soon unless a film of his is airing or streaming.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Fremen

I liked Almost Human, as well, but at least now maybe we'll see more of Karl on the big screen.

Btw, I was very surprised when watching the 3rd season marathon of Game of Thrones recently, that the guy that played the Wildling warg from up North was the same guy that played the police robotics guy on Almost Human.

17. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

...who was the same guy who played the pirate with the wooden eye in the Pirates of the Carribean movies-- Mackenzie Crook.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Fremen

Jeez, I am blind!
    Nice spot. :)

19. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

I first saw him in the BBC/original version of The Office, as Gareth.

20. RedSneaker

RedSneaker Very Tilted

@fangirl have you watched Black Box? I have it recorded but haven't had a chance to watch yet. The previews made it look interesting as hell. I hope it lives up to the hype in my head.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.