1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Pointless Announcements

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Baraka_Guru, Aug 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DAKA

DAKA DOING VERY NICELY, THANK YOU

To all "you" young(er) people who have hurt thmselves in their early(ier) life...the pain went away and you are "healed" right?
    Wrong, you should have done all the therapy that was Dr. ordered, and not sluffed off....because when you get to the 70's and 80's all that trauma come back to haunt you.....
    Then again my brother the Ortho Surgeon told me a few days ago that even if I had done all the therapy....the result would probably be the same !!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

Sitting in the woods, watching the moon fade away and the sun come up. 55ish degrees out, calm, just started hearing roosters announce the morning, the squirrels are waking up. Pretty cool and relaxing.

3. bobby

bobby More Than Slightly Tilted ! Donor

the TFP look has changed.....what are the new benefits and secret places...also what is the "Slack" channel ?
    xoxoxoo

• Like Like x 1
  4. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

It was 83 degrees here Wednesday afternoon. Trying to act like I'm not really forty, I put on shorts, halter top, and flip-flops and hand washed my car in the driveway, working up a good sweat in the process.:) Mostly because there's probably not going to be many more chances to get out in the sun without bundling up.

Tonight they say we might get snow flurries.

Love this Nebraska weather.:rolleyes:

5. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Amazing how a simple phone number from a pretty lady can increase your morale and energy.

You'd think I'd be blasé by now.

• Like Like x 1
  6. POPEYE

POPEYE Very Tilted

Met my mom and sister last night for supper, we always have a great time. 3 hours later after much interesting conversations we hug and say our " I Love You's " and good nights.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

The one hilariously positive thing to come out of this last election is Joe Biden memes. Some of them have me rolling.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  8. rogue49

I think everyone is burnt.

9. Fremen

Fremen Allright, who stole my mustache?

More weird YouTube comments...

• Like Like x 1
  10. omega

omega Very Tilted

My 47 year old sister and her 50 year old husband are visiting from Tucson. They had dinner with us and are now heading back to their hotel. On the way they are stopping at a pot dispensary to partake of one of our fine Colorado recreations.

11. *Nikki*

*Nikki* Slightly Tilted

I'm here. I'm here.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 6
  12. Fremen

It's nice to see some things with kids these days hasn't changed from when I was a kid...
    There were suspicious child-like finger tracks in one of the Thanksgiving pies yesterday that both of my nephews swore they themselves hadn't done, the other boy must have.
    When confronted together they still denied it, then they blamed the cat together.
    Rock on, little dudes!

13. MeltedMetalGlob

MeltedMetalGlob Resident Loser Donor

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  14. Fremen

[​IMG]

I don't even...how...!? *sigh*

• Like Like x 1
  15. omega

omega Very Tilted

I was married for 16 years, which means my ex and I accumulated a lot of christmas ornaments and decorations for the tree. I have been with my girlfriend for 4 years now. She is finally done with me dragging out the detritus from my previous relationship to decorate the tree. So today we went to Target and took advantage of their big sale to buy a bunch of new bulbs and such for the tree. I will still have my family stuff and some of the old ones, but it's time for the new stuff. It will be a little adjustment for me, because I think of the old stuff as mine, not mine and the ex'es. But have to remember she feels a little insecure when I trot out the old stuff.

• Like Like x 5
  16. rogue49

[​IMG]

**courtesy of Bill Murray's FB page :D

• Like Like x 1
  17. omega

omega Very Tilted

So we decorated out tree. It looks like we loaded up a shotgun with ornaments and blasted it on. Three different strands of pearls in red, silver, and blue. Plus a wrap of tinsel. And lots of balls. But it looks good, just enthusiastic. And she is happy and was interested in decorating, so that makes me happy.

• Like Like x 3
  18. MeltedMetalGlob

MeltedMetalGlob Resident Loser Donor

I wanted to share a pic I made for FaceBook, but needed to give it some context: A friend (non-TFPer) posted a hypothetical question on what would you do if a neighbor was in the habit of leaving his dog outside in the cold all the time?

The responses ranged from realistic (notifying the proper authorities) to somewhat extreme (resorting to dognapping & giving the animal to a shelter) to rather ridiculous (breaking into the house, beating the owner senseless & leaving him out in the cold to experience the same treatment he gave his pet)

So eventually I asked if the owner could be dragged out of his house and left to freeze his nuts off, even if he didn't actually own a dog, but was still a douchebag:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  19. rogue49

A person is smart.
    People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it.
    Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe.
    Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat,
    and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet.

#MIB

• Like Like x 4
  20. *Nikki*

*Nikki* Slightly Tilted

Somehow I have just discovered the show "Transparent" on Amazon. I'm addicted!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.