1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Pointless Announcements

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Baraka_Guru, Aug 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. omega

omega Very Tilted

Was at Target the other day. Saw a vegetti for sale. Did not buy.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

I've heard they are amazing.....

• Like Like x 1
  3. omega

omega Very Tilted

They sounded so good I didn't believe they were even real.

• Like Like x 3
  4. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

FYI :)
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  5. Fremen

Fremen Allright, who stole my mustache?

I was listening to Boston's "More Than a Feeling" and reading comments on Youtube,

• Like Like x 4
  6. Fremen

• Like Like x 1
  7. rogue49

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  8. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

As of today the bike is up on the lift, put away for the winter, to make room for both cars in the garage.

9. Impromptu trip to Downers Grove, IL. The Baked Apple Breakfast... delish!

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 5
  10. genuinemommy

genuinemommy Moderator Staff Member

I love modern technology.
    This morning birds came up in conversation over breakfast. I went to YouTube and found a bunch of North American bird call videos. Then put them on our TV using Chromecast. We were able to watch and listen right away. Even a few years ago, this kind of access to an educational video would have involved a trip to the library. The message would have been disjointed. This morning's lesson was seamless.

• Like Like x 5
  11. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

Leaving Orlando. Man this was a great trip.

• Like Like x 2
  12. MeltedMetalGlob

MeltedMetalGlob Resident Loser Donor

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  13. redux

redux Very Tilted

With the last survey (holiday travel) worth $.47, I just passed $25 in Google Play Store credits from the Google Opinion Rewards Program. I dont play games on my phone and dont really want to add more apps for no reason but I should start using these credits.

Any suggestions? Anyone else participating in the Google Opinion Rewards Program?

14. martian

martian Server Monkey Staff Member

Play store also does movies and music. Movie night?

15. genuinemommy

genuinemommy Moderator Staff Member

I have seen "Wreck it Ralph" too many times.

• Like Like x 2
  16. martian

martian Server Monkey Staff Member

I find myself wondering what piece(s) of children's entertainment my daughter will choose to drive me insane with.

The hospital apparently gave us a couple of childrens' books in the packet they sent home with us. I didn't realize it until today when I was going through it looking for registration info. It struck me as a really nice gesture.

• Like Like x 4
  17. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

At least you missed frozen. You'll get the newest thing when it's time appropriate for you.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

I've been torturing my stepkid with texts of "do you want to build a snowman" for a month. I'm convinced she loves it. She's almost 16.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Fremen

Women can be so cruel, yet so giving at the same time.
    A little backstory...

My buddy has a muffler shop the next town over and his neighbor near the shop is a state trooper.
    Last week his neighbor's little son runs over and hands him a box of smoked bacon and tells him Merry Christmas.

As usual, my buddy comes over to watch tv with me and wait for his girlfriend to get off work.
    That day, he hands me the box of bacon, says Merry Christmas, and tells me where he got it. (he doesn't eat pork)

When his girlfriend comes in, he tells her the story and what he did with it.
    She starts getting huffy and asks why he gave it to me, she likes bacon just fine. Then she starts looking for the box (which I had put on the kitchen counter in plain sight) but for some reason she couldn't find it.

Next thing I know she's going through my fridge, and I start laughing. My buddy asks why, and we both start laughing.
    She comes charging back toward us looking indignant so I finally point the box out to her.

She brings it into the living room and I think to myself, "But...but... my ba-acon!".
    I had visions of her leaving with all that tasty pork and me drooling in my empty kitchen.
    Nope, she just opened the box for some reason, noticed the bacon was divided into two separate packages and handed me one with a "Merry Christmas".

Yup, so giving...

• Like Like x 1
  20. rogue49

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.