1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Pointless Announcements

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Baraka_Guru, Aug 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Listening to the Verve's Urban Hymns while cleaning. Fabulous record and quite the trip back to my 15-year-old self.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Lordeden

Lordeden Part of the Problem

Really, wouldn't that explain everything?

3. I decided to take a break from Facebook. It's day two and I'm already tweaking out a bit.

4. the_jazz

the_jazz Accused old lady puncher

It would. It really would.

• Like Like x 1
  5. redux

redux Very Tilted

Just suffered through an hour long conference call with Facebook's public policy staff. I'll give them the benefit of doubt that they are just well intended but clueless neophytes and not total morons.

But I still wont be getting a Facebook page any time soon.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

Treasure of the Sierra Madre is one of my favourites, and the line you are paraphrasing is of course one of the classics that everyone knows from there.
    --- merged: Sep 12, 2012 7:13 PM ---
    Watched this clip online after Craven's post reminded me of this brilliant film. Knew every line of course instantly. Almost feel like watching the DVD again now.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  7. snowy

Bedroom clean...next, the office.

8. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

I had to scroll back and check that I didn't actually type that. :confused:

• Like Like x 3
  9. mixedmedia

mixedmedia ...

If you're a person who works in the vicinity of a telephone. And that fucking telephone rings every other minute all goddamned day long. And every other person on the other end of that phone is some stuttering moron that couldn't get.to.the.fucking.point if their life depended on it.

Then, cheers to you.
    We're still here.

• Like Like x 1
  10. snowy

As much as I love my husband, a nice evening out with my own friends was just what I needed to follow up a great vacation.

11. Zweiblumen

Zweiblumen Slightly Tilted

Seeing the Search and Rescue teams sending their snow cats out on an operation is very unusual in September. It drives it home that the storm was really bad.

12. Jove

Jove Slightly Tilted

Working on the 70-680 labs, which involve dual booting into two different OS's and installing the OS from a usb flash drive while using vmware player.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

Definitely past nap time now. My left knee was in hostile mode most of last night and still generally is, and my head tells me it wants rest early today.

14. snowy

I can sit around in my pjs until 5 tonight, if I like. I probably won't, as I need to get painting my bedroom.

15. Let's see how much I hate my job today. At least I'm leading a meeting where all the departmental admin assistants can have a bitch fest. It's kind of fun. I like talking to them...they know more than anyone as to what is going on in the Departments. I usually get a good lead for a story idea.

16. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

I bought new brushes for my Dremel at lunch time. Life is surely going to get better now.

• Like Like x 2
  17. snowy

I love using the brush on my Dremel to clean cracks and crevices. It's satisfying.

18. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

Me too, but I meant to say motor brushes. The dremel is running poorly and I have to replace the motor brushes. I use the Dremel for just about anything I can. I've just about worn it ragged. Tonight I take it apart completely, clean it, and replace the brushes.

( I secretly like the high pitched humming and find it soothing. )

• Like Like x 1
  19. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

So many books, so little time.

• Like Like x 1
  20. snowy

Ugh, I really wish they made ladyhand-sized handles for paint rollers. Only half an hour of painting and my hand is exhausted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.