1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Pointless Announcements

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Baraka_Guru, Aug 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. *Nikki*

*Nikki* Slightly Tilted

I am pretty sure I can longer be contained.

2. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

After not reading them for 16? years I have been sucked back into the Wheel of Time Series. The Kindle store and android app makes it way too easy to buy books. Just finished book 9 and of course had to buy book 10. The reviews I saw on the amazon thing for books 7-9 were largely negative but I enjoyed all of those.
    Unfortunately I will be buying these in hardback at some point to join the Dark Tower series on my bookshelf, and buying that many books with ever increasing lengths is not going to be cheap.

• Like Like x 2
  3. the_jazz

the_jazz Accused old lady puncher

Wait, it's possible to contain you? Since when?

Back in the day, my only hope was to slow you down.

• Like Like x 2
  4. mixedmedia

mixedmedia ...

I finally found my dorsalis pedis.

• Like Like x 2
  5. PonyPotato

PonyPotato Very Tilted

I just made another Utah friend.. who is actually from Ohio. And really hot. And he wants to take me skiing this weekend. :) :)

• Like Like x 2
  6. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

My old lady really loves Top Gun, so I took her to see it in theaters tonight. They did a short re-release run of it upgraded in IMAX 3D and it was pretty damn fantastic how well they cleaned up a movie older than I am.

Careful now, I know where you live.

(points to that big prison colony on a globe)

Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
    • Like Like x 3
  7. mixedmedia

mixedmedia ...

Plan was to get to bed before 11 so that I can count on 8 hours, if not sleeping, then immobility. Got through most of the study guide for tomorrow's exam...most of it. The stuff I didn't study I think I mostly know...disorders, mostly. Oh, gee, I'm so tired....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

8. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Buying books via Google Play is too easy for me. I like it better than the Kindle app.

9. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

I may have to bite the bullet and get the Wheel of Time series. It's been many years since I last read any of them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Fremen

Fremen Allright, who stole my mustache?

I'd still like to have a heron marked sword.

11. Freetofly

Freetofly Diving deep into the abyss

Now that is really creepy!

12. mixedmedia

mixedmedia ...

argh, where is my loan money? Financial aid people, brace yourselves. I'll be rolling up there with my gigantic backpack and hideous uniform at 9am sharp and I want some answers.

13. mixedmedia

mixedmedia ...

They tell me the money should be in my account by friday. And my ucf fees are due on saturday. They're killing me.

Day 3:
    Apa paper due. Done
    Exam. Ugh.
    But I will be home by 5 with nothing more pressing to accomplish than laundry. Looking forward to that.

14. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

I suffered an acute attack of "just one more chapter" last night. Yawn.

15. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

I think I slept most of the night, and still I am tired. My CPAP caused the end of my nose to be red and sore. I wish I could use the face mask, but it drives me too crazy to be able to sleep. This announcement is fairly pointless.

16. Xerxes

Xerxes Bulking.

Yesterday's interview was uneventful. I don't have high hopes of getting this job.

17. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

18. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

Bwahahahahahaaaaa!!!

15 internet points to whoever guesses what the countdown clock is now set for. :p

• Like Like x 1
  19. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Very clever.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.