1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Go!

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by genuinemommy, Jul 21, 2016.

1. Relevant

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  2. MeltedMetalGlob

MeltedMetalGlob Resident Loser Donor

I'm neutral about the whole thing, really. I have no interest in it, but have no reason to bash it.

If it gets people out of the house, I suppose that's a good thing.

However, if I have to start chasing people out of my yard, I may have to come up with my own game: "Pegging Errant Pokemon Go! Players With Balls"

You never know, it might catch on...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
    • Like Like x 7
  3. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

I don't play, but I love that I can say, "hey, let's go walk!" and Eden's all agreeable now :)

(actually, this has just as much to do with us being in better shape now as the game itself. But it's still pretty rad.)

• Like Like x 2
  4. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

We went and hunted Pokémon downtown this morning. There were quite a few people out doing the same. While we were at a spot where a few lures had been dropped, a guy rode by on his bike, declaring, "The Pokémon just get in the way, man. They just get in the way." Um, what? There are more people on the riverfront than normal and you're complaining because people are enjoying themselves?

But I felt better a minute later when two children struck up a conversation with a man in his thirties about Pokémon.

We also ran into a friend of a friend we'd lost touch with, so that was nice.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

People are pretty strange, sometimes. Some are real-life trolls. But kudos to you not letting party-poopers get you down for long. I too enjoy watching the unique PG interactions, heck, it's been fun being part of them as a non-player. How many online games can make that claim? Fun for non-players?

• Like Like x 2
  6. I got a call from a guy named "Ash" yesterday. I will be working with him on a project this summer. I so want to ask him if people make fun of his name...especially now.

• Like Like x 1
  7. genuinemommy

genuinemommy Moderator Staff Member

It took us a week, but hubby has figured out how to get more pokeballs by visiting pokestops. I like the pace we're taking on this game. Nice and slow. We get a couple of new balls every few days. Littlegirly looks forward to visiting a poke gym, but so far we've been telling her none of her pokemon are ready. We don't know if they are or aren't, but we do know where there's a gym in town.
    We still haven't figured out how to evolve them or how to do much of anything other than collect them.

Can we release the ones we don't want to free up more pokeballs? That might be useful.

8. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

You don't get your Pokeballs back. You can transfer them to the Professor to get more candy, which you then use to evolve the Pokemon. Don't evolve any Pokemon until you have a lucky egg (2x XP).

9. genuinemommy

genuinemommy Moderator Staff Member

Thanks for the tips!

• Like Like x 1