1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Political Humor

Discussion in 'Tilted Philosophy, Politics, and Economics' started by Chris Noyb, Feb 26, 2023.

1. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

Self explanatory?

We have a variety of threads covering politics and related issues, and they are mostly treated seriously.

Of course what's funny to one person might be extremely offensive to someone else. Satire can be open to interpretation (esp by those looking for reasons to be offended).

Hopefully we can see if this thread makes it. Or maybe it's a bad idea.

I'll start with a collection of various cartoons.

The nation’s cartoonists on the week in politics

2. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

• Like Like x 1
  3. Chris Noyb

• Like Like x 1
  4. fflowley

fflowley Don't just do something, stand there!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Chris Noyb

6. Chris Noyb

Last edited: Mar 16, 2023
  7. rogue49

Hard part is, many are behind paywalls, like WaPo or for $$
    unless you can snag a snapshot ;)
    upload_2023-3-16_14-10-25.png

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. boink

boink Slightly Tilted

1678478300824.jpg
    With apologies to the Misfits
    Craiyon asked me to note that I use it in the rules...
    Plus pixler and Autodesk sketchbook. Monster font downloaded to pxler for the text.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2023
    • Lovely Lovely x 1
  9. boink

boink Slightly Tilted

1660500607390 (1).jpg
    GOP be like...

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. boink

boink Slightly Tilted

1679075380811.jpg
    Not topical but just ludicrous...which is where we are.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. boink

boink Slightly Tilted

1679100508420.jpg
    I don't know if this kinda thing is what you had in mind Chris but I do these all the time just to vent mostly for myself and share with a couple folks I know in day to day life. This kelp blob must have been woke

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. rogue49

Just don't overwhelm the thread with them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. boink

boink Slightly Tilted

Cool...I'm fine with that.

I wonder though, in a world where the highest rated news channels commenters is saying his own viewers are dumb terrorists and "cousin fucking dumb not Saudi dumb"

Where do you go with a political joke ?

Add to that the footage of TC explaining exactly how misinformation leads to disbelief in reality which in turn blooms wild conspiracy.

And how all this just amps up the ratings of those telling the lies ?
    It's all so fucking nuts. You don't need humor writers, just screenshot headlines.

Tell the idiots they're free while you ban their books, their sexual identity, their social activities their access to reproductive self determination, but oh yeah your free, were the greatest ? We're the most free ?

To say we should war on woke is to say we should deliberately march into a new dark age. Wokeness is nothing but to seek knowledge and enlightenment, the only tools that can give you freedom ! So I'm just constantly like...wtf.

Seriously Norfolk Southern is the perfect American analogy, trains crashing as he apologizes for trains crashing and desperately eyeballing the door out of obligation to "do what's right"

Every joke these days is backed up by fairly serious tragedy for real people/communities.

So I find a little pleasure in asking AI to show me Trump crawling naked in mud, on the street, hanging out with drag queens and snuggling geoducks.
    I don't know what to do.
    I'm a rat in a maze with a brain tumor now.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Chris Noyb

Your work is done very well. I now better understand your comment in another thread expressing concern over the possibility of not getting credit for creating a wildly popular meme.

This' is more of an explanation than anything else.

Brutal humor, even when much deserved, loses its humor after too much exposure. Conversely it's certainly needed. The balance point is...FIIK.

Some fairness is always nice. President Joe and many Dems aren't perfect, they deserve some attention. OTOH NPD Trump, many Repubs, & MAGAs in general make themselves easy targets.

• Like Like x 1
  15. boink

boink Slightly Tilted

I'm not sure what comment your referring to, but that's ok. I don't want credit really bc I'm a little scared of maga people. Mostly after doing a few (however they get done, screenshot edit or now with the magic image maker) I kinda wonder what I did in someone else's eyes.
    I don't wish any I'll will towards Floridians but it is a well known retirement destination. Then with DeSantis claiming woke goes there to die, now kelp going there to die...it's all so crazy.
    Posting 3 in a row feels like spam to me too.
    I don't really see much political humor these days that expresses what a brown acid trip things are now. It's never really funny as much as tragic absurdity to me.
    Ya know ?
    Shipping a couple hundred immigrants to Martha's vineyard is just flat out curel, vindictive, a waste of taxpayers money...but for a phone call...asking help and arranging a planned transport, including a plan to get these folks through the immigration process. People were willing to help, they just wanted a plan.
    What DeSantis did was like treating human beings like burning bags of poop on people's doorsteps. It's not funny. He's an incredible ass hole. But today that's a win for him and a lot of his voters.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Chris Noyb

The thread had something to do with a person paying a fortune for the rights to virtual art. I'm not motivated enough to find it :oops:.

17. boink

boink Slightly Tilted

That's fine, I believe you and I don't need a quote/link. Because I get to see things like residential car lifts to move Ferrari collection through someone's home on install days but also see blocks of homeless garbage heaps with women prostituting themselves from the garbage as their home base...I see economic absurdity a lot so I do make snarky comments about that kinda thing.

Some (most ?) of the best humor is just writing anyway. So maybe c-n-p of some good passages or just ones own musings here is good too. Possibly clips of pertinent classic philosophy that relates to current events.

• Like Like x 1
  18. rogue49

upload_2023-3-22_2-29-17.png

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. Chris Noyb

The sad part is the MAGAtards will jump everytime NPD Trump cries wolf.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Chris Noyb

• Funny Funny x 1