1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Poll: Is it springtime there yet?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by genuinemommy, Mar 9, 2017.

?

Is it springtime yet?

Poll closed Mar 10, 2017.
  1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. genuinemommy

genuinemommy Moderator Staff Member

Are you in the Northern Hemisphere? Has Spring sprung?

What do you consider the first signs of spring?

----_______----
    Yes! We've had a lot of rain the past few days, so things are starting to look super green and lush again over here. There are wildflowers blooming like blue lupine and red clover. Trees are throwing massive piles of pollen into the wind that leave a thin layer of yellow dust.

It feels like Spring when I see the lupine in bloom.

2. Stan

Stan Resident Dumbass

Not yet, had a great day of skiing, yesterday.

For me, spring is marked by taking my motorcycle out of the basement.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

30s in the morning and 70s in the afternoons, watching the forecast next week is forecasted to be in the 50s for highs, don't think its quite spring, maybe in a week or two

• Like Like x 1
  4. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Must be...I saw a fly, ant and butterfly today.
    March of the insects. :eek:

Walked the dog without a jacket, in a polo. :cool:
    Trees are starting to bloom.

That and the damned gardeners drove me crazy yesterday with all their power tools, prepping the complex. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

Had a couple days in February that were in the eighties. Shorts and bikini top weather. In February. I even did a little yard work. My grandma calls those days 'false spring' but here in the plains states the only thing sure about spring is lots of changes. I remember once when I was a kid that it snowed on Mother's Day.
    Motorcycles are out, and some of those guys arent happy unless you can hear their bike from three blocks away.:(:mad:

6. redux

redux Very Tilted

Spring is here when the cherry blossoms are in full bloom.

The warm weather over the last few weeks had the National Park Service making a prediction of a peak bloom on March 14-17; a cold front due over the next few days pushed it back to March 19-22, still earlier than normal.

• Like Like x 1
  7. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Yet, it's snowing a bit today
    So early Spring...go figure :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

Nay. It was for a few days, but it's back to the 20s and 30s, with big snow predicted for Monday and Tuesday. Better than Oak Tree Sexy Time Season!

• Like Like x 1
  9. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

It's 18F outside with the expected low of 7F.
    That's pretty much the weather for the rest of the week.
    We've had massive snowstorms so there are snow mountains around town from clearing the roads and parking lots.
    In AK we don't have spring we have Break Up, were everything turns into mud and smells like dog shit.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Stan

Stan Resident Dumbass

Are you sure that's mud?

11. oldtimer56

oldtimer56 umime

Being in the piney woods of East Texas, pines are having sex, sudafed is being bought by normal folks other than meth cooks, dogwoods are blooming. But it is 48 at the moment with a low in the lower 30s tonight.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

This is my second March in Arizona. I've decided that our two seasons are summer and not-summer. It is still not-summer. The barren-looking hills and mountainsides have greened up. Shrubs that were cut back to the ground are 6-12 inches in height and bright Mexican Poppies are blooming all 'round. Flies are abundant and so we have swallows zooming about the greenbelt ponds feasting. Here at home we put in two citrus trees (shrubs)--a Mandarin orange and a lemon. The Peruvian Apple cactus is growing three new stems and the aloe plant has orange flowers and hummingbirds feeding. In the outdoor herb pot, parsely, oregano and chives are flourishing. Smells good! Temperatures are about to hit the 90's F this week so we are returning to watering the grass. The brownish hue should turn green soon and last for a month or two before the exteme heat has its way.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

Where are you in Arizona? I'm on the road passing through AZ.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

In the southernmost village of Phoenix in the Ahwatukee Foothills. Stop by and say hi!

15. fflowley

fflowley Don't just do something, stand there!

It was spring here for about a week.
    The daffodils even peeked up above the soil.
    Right now though it's -3F. With a big winter storm incoming for Tuesday.
    It looks like another 2 weeks of winter here. I'm fine with that because I want to ski more before it ends.

16. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

33 right now

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

17. redux

redux Very Tilted

Nor'easter on the way Monday night and Tuesday; several inchs predicted for DC area; much more for NY/New England

[​IMG]

18. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

Snow is just barely starting. Should be a beautiful disaster by the time I have to leave for work in the morning. Giving myself an extra hour or so.

19. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  20. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

Springtime yet?

Hell, we didn't have a winter worth mentioning.