1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Poll of the day: How's the weather?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by genuinemommy, Feb 24, 2017.

?

How's the weather

Poll closed Feb 26, 2017.
  1. Sunny

7 vote(s)
    58.3%
  2. Cloudy

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  3. Rainy

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  4. Snowy

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. Other

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  1. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

Bouncing back between the A/C during the day and heat at night, both come on very infrequently. Right now the thermostat is off, where I hope to leave it as with the rain coming the humidity is rising.
    We have bugs now too. They look like houseflies but they bite and the bite HURTS. Worst thing about Phoenix so far. Soon, the whiteflies will come to eat the grass and my herbs. Literally nothing you can do to rid yourself of them.

2. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

45 this am, 80 this afternoon

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

3. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Deep down south...85 degrees

• Like Like x 1
  4. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

Be sure to take a canoe trip through the bayous. [cue Dueling Banjos played on accordion and fiddle]

• Like Like x 1
  5. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

Storms yesterday and today. My favorite kind last night.... Lightning, downpours, wind.... Crazy. Supposed to keep raining today, snow tomorrow. This is more like it!

6. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

Some of the tornadoes that touched down were just 15-30 miles west from me, the next county over. We spent a stretch of the night in the basement and checking on friends, some that had power knocked out. Most of the worst of it was past me by 6-6:30pm. Fortunately I don't know of anyone who had any real fallout from anything. Pretty rare stuff for February, usually that's late spring/early summer stuff.

7. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

This week, we've had snow and sun and everything else in between. I wish the weather would pick a mood and stick with it.

8. ralphie250

80 right now. Storms coming

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

9. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

Mid 60's and breezy--feels like early fall in places with 4 seasons. Sunny, gorgeous. One of those great-to-be-alive weather days. Can't wait for a big walk later today!

10. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

Oh, how boring! Might as well live in San Diego.

11. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

If it weren't such an expensive place to live, I would LOVE to live in SoCal :)

We had weather today. Tornado warning, severe thunderstorm warning, heavy rain, some hail, and lots of wind. It occurred to me that every room in our house has at least one window, and we also don't have any rooms without outside walls. I wish basements were more prevalent down here.

(I did make a fort in one of the middle rooms, though, as both a shield against possible broken glass and a way to calm the pups down. They liked it. I almost want to leave it up.)

• Like Like x 1
  12. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

FYI - SoCal had more rain in a hour than a whole winter month (Their rainy season)
    And this year had more rain than usual
    Drought over...

Add in Earthquakes, btw

----

You think being in the house with those storms
    Try driving through it...
    We were traveling on the road today..."special"

13. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

It's 27c - 85% humidity - 50% chance of rain

The high today should be 29c.

All in all, not too bad.

14. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

It's 15F and will be that or lower for the next week or two.

15. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

This is in the span of minutes.

I'll settle for a week of rain, so long as it's a constant drizzle.

16. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

Read today that my former home of 30 years, the Chicago area, had no snow in January and February breaking a nearly 150-y.o. record. Weather has been so bizarre throughout the country--the globe, even. Wonder if there is anything to that? Hm.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

On my drive from Oak Lawn to the loop yesterday, it went from an ice storm to pouring down rain to a blizzard to little fluffy flakes within 15 miles and about 45 minutes. There was snow on the rooftops today and it's currently floofing while I'm driving in Oak Lawn to work. But none on the ground!

• Like Like x 1
  18. ralphie250

high Wednesday was 80, freeze warning in affect tonight. wish it would make up its mind

19. POPEYE

POPEYE Very Tilted

All HELL IS BREAKING LOOSE. For 2 days now we have had snow, today is April 29th, hail, a total of not quite 10 inches of rain, the thunder is pounding and the lighting has been destructive. Lightning struck our shop and the vibration shut our machines off. The building is steel, the I beams sweated vapour, the elecritrial conduit flamed at the plug, and the ceiling bulbs all exploded resulting in total darkness. Amazing, truly humbling, grateful no one was harmed. Home now and the weather is shaking my home and like drums in my ears.

20. Fremen

Fremen Allright, who stole my mustache?

We're having multiple tornadoes to the NE of us, and we're forecast to have severe thunderstorms and possible tornadoes here, as well. All around 1 or 2 in the a.m.