1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

[Post a pic of your latest purchase]

Discussion in 'Tilted Gear' started by cis689, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Lucifer Slightly Tilted

I love auction sales, especially industrial auctions where some government sponsored company has gone tits up. Table saw with stand $1400 new, got it for $550, nail gun kit $200 new, got it for $125.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  2. Shadowex3

Shadowex3 Very Tilted

The hydration pouch carrier in my harness wasn't designed for a camelbak in the first place and I finally had enough of the taste/drying/cleaning difficulties so I finally pulled the trigger on a replacement. I decided to go with a Source Hydration WXP Low Profile 3L, which arrived in time for today's airsoft game. Source originally made their packs for the IDF, but they've since started marketing both sport and tactical lines internationally with great success. They've got a lot of nice features like self-sealing quick detach mouthpieces and hoses, the wide-open top for cleaning, and external fill adaptors or similar niceties but the real claim to fame is their "glass-like" lining that supposedly lets them rinse out so well you can put gatorade in them and just rinse it out afterwards.

So far I've found that to be pretty accurate. Normally sterilizing a pouch and tube with denture cleaner tablets (the same thing camelbak rebrands as cleaning tablets) leaves a pretty powerful minty aftertaste even after a scrub and rinse. In this thing's case I filled it twice, dumped the water out, and had no aftertaste. It's also handled having a bunch of extra-thick gatorade "recovery" drinks dumped into it gracefully, rinsing out cleanly and without sticky residue so far.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The tube wrapping in particular is much nicer than an open-ended neoprene wrapping, feeling much more professionally finished. The quick detach ends are snappy and easy to use once you realise the right direction to press in, and the wide-mouth opening is very secure even when running around and backing up against cover.

3. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Should be here by Sat or Mon. :cool:

• Like Like x 6
  4. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

My dad would like that, he collects chess boards.
    Where did you get it?

5. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

Saddleback Leather, one of my all time favorite companies. Their products are incredibly well made, include a 100 yr warranty, and are pretty classy and fashionable IMO. Between my wife and I we have about 10 items from them and we've never been disappointed.

Here is the link to the chess board: Shop Tournament Chess Set | Saddleback Leather Co.

It shows "Out of stock" right now, but it has shown that for the last week or two. I've been checking the site 2-3x per day for about that long and found it in stock for a brief enough window this afternoon to order it. I have seen that more than once with their items, especially when newly released. They seem to sell a fairly low volume, so when stuff is sold out just keep checking and you'll eventually find it available. :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. I will have to keep an eye on it. I would like to send one to my son. Over the Memorial Day weekend he knocked off an IM in a tournament in Seattle.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Zweiblumen

Zweiblumen Slightly Tilted

hitch mounted 4 bike carrier 20150708_133102.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  8. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

I apparently have access to a bike rack for my 4Runner. I have yet to see the thing. I need to get on this.

9. Shadowex3

Shadowex3 Very Tilted

SKDTac discontinued their old non-touchscreen version of the PIG glove and put them on sale for clearance prices. These things are amazing, best glove I've ever worn and the only one to ever really fit my hands perfectly. They're light and breathable enough for even FL summers, I can pick up pennies off a table while wearing them, and still protect my hands well enough.

(not my hand, and I got 2 sets in coyote brown to go with the black pair I already have)
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. Zweiblumen

Well that bike didn't make it, on my way to work this morning the rear derailleur hanger broke, without reasonable explaination, and the rear derailleur got cougth with the chain in the spokes of the rear wheel.
    I deceided that I couldn't trust the bike (nor the dealer) so I got myself a new bike.
    11909684_10205480683630591_527594647_n.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  11. Zweiblumen

Well a member of my household decided that 29ers are a good idea so 2 new 29ers this week. Sorry no photo of the latter one.

12. Johanxxx

Johanxxx New Member

13. DamnitAll

DamnitAll Wait... what?

So this happened.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  14. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

I decided that I needed to upgrade my bike. I didn't go the route of a 29er but rather a 27.5 (along with a number of other things). I took it for a ride in the jungle a couple days ago. Massive difference. So happy with the new bike. (sorry the photo is so blurry) newbike.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  15. Stan

Stan Resident Dumbass

6,000# of dry red oak, this will keep me warm through 2 winters. On the down side, it's in the front, needs to be in the back, and it weighs 3 tons.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  16. POPEYE

POPEYE Very Tilted

143#s beefimage1.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  17. zooksport2

zooksport2 Vertical

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  18. snowy

Mostly so @martian can see how nerdy I really am. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  19. martian

martian Server Monkey Staff Member

As if I didn't already know.

• Like Like x 1
  20. snowy

I strictly bought that particular volume of Naruto for the cover. If I could get it poster size, I would.