1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Post a Picture of the Sky!

Discussion in 'Tilted Art, Photography, Music & Literature' started by MeltedMetalGlob, Aug 10, 2011.

1. MeltedMetalGlob

MeltedMetalGlob Resident Loser Donor

[​IMG]

(Yes, that IS Devil's Tower in Wyoming.)

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
  2. MeltedMetalGlob

[​IMG]
    Michigan sunset, fall of 2006.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
  3. Fly

Fly music is the answer

[​IMG]

same place as the first pic I posted in this thread.........our cabin up North......I'll try and dig up a few more
    --- merged: Mar 5, 2012 at 8:04 PM ---
    [​IMG]

this was damn near the same time as the pic prior.
    --- merged: Mar 5, 2012 at 8:05 PM ---
    [​IMG]

last one......same place,our cabin.......different day ..............I'm done for today..........

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2012
    • Like Like x 3
  4. paddyjoe

paddyjoe curious

sweet pics, flyboy. looks like a perfect place to chill......

• Like Like x 1
  5. MeltedMetalGlob

I liked the way the sky seemed so ominous in the distance, and so appealing closer up over the city.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
  6. Zen

Zen Very Tilted

Well, well, well ... Last Wednesday, I was driving across London in a taxi. My mate and his wife were in the back. He'd just had eye-surgery to get his eyes to point in roughly the same direction ... he'd been fully anaesthetized, his eyes had probably been pulled out on stalks and the muscled holding them in cut, re-stitched, adjusted etc. He was lolling all over her in a strange half asleep half awake trance and the sound of his dribble choking him was louder than the engine of the swish hybrid nearly-silent engine of the taxi.

I was looking out of the window as we lifted on to an overpass. London spread before us as does this city in your picture. And the sky you show us was the sky we passed beneath. We travelled a few more miles in the direction of the ominousness. the sun was going down and some of the appealing clouds were lit with gold, and the distant ones were more stark in their glowering contrast ... an isolated hole making way to be pierced by an Almighty Ray. I could almost see Michelangelo's God and Adam Nekkid and Touching Each Other. Further into the glower, and we were in icy rain, and the kind of hailstones that my American friends laugh at when I call them huge. About 1 centimetre in diameter.

It was a sky of such different moods, like this one that you shared. Thanks :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334833424.984463.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334833455.757748.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334833542.008822.jpg

I like to do sky pictures with my phone.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

After leaving DIA. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334847569.474088.jpg

The fires last year were awful.
    From the 19th floor of an office building.
    I missed the sun.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334847600.467536.jpg

In DC last year. The clouds were gorgeous.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334847784.983935.jpg

Attached Files:

9. Remixer

Remixer Middle Eastern Doofus

[​IMG]
    --- merged: Apr 19, 2012 at 10:26 PM ---
    Wrong thread...

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2012
  10. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335186749.361860.jpg

Last night on my way home.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Freeload

Freeload Getting Tilted

Rain is coming closer..

Attached Files:

12. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

I actually used my real camera. One of the prettiest sunsets I've seen in awhile... even through the ice crystals on the window.

IMG_1607a.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  13. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  14. ring

ring

skyy.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  15. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

[​IMG]
    MAPLE LAKE (Pop. 200), Algonquin Highlands, Ontario, Canada - May 31, 2012

16. Fangirl

Fangirl Very Tilted

[​IMG]

Chapleau River, Ontario, Canada webcamera still (courtesy weathernetwork.com) that I took on June 22, 2012.

[​IMG]
    Gowganda Lake, Ontario, Canada webcamera still (courtesy weathernetwork.com) that I took on June 22, 2012.

17. CaptainBob

CaptainBob Slightly Tilted

I was delivering Sears catalogs today and snapped this with my iPhone while on Old Front road. Two speedboats and three sailboats.

[​IMG]

18. RangerJoe

RangerJoe Slightly Tilted

• Like Like x 2
  19. redux

redux Very Tilted

Does the Martian landscape and sky fit here:

[​IMG]

(click picture to expand)

This full-circle scene combines 817 images taken by the panoramic camera (Pancam) on NASA's Mars Exploration Rover Opportunity. It shows the terrain that surrounded the rover while it was stationary for four months of work during its most recent Martian winter.

Opportunity's Pancam took the component images between the 2,811th Martian day, or sol, of the rover's Mars surface mission (Dec. 21, 2011) and Sol 2,947 (May 8, 2012).

• Like Like x 1
  20. Morning drive to school...
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2