1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Post Your Guitar P0RN!

Discussion in 'Tilted Gear' started by cis689, Nov 19, 2012.

1. pig

pig Slightly Tilted Donor

[​IMG]
    --- merged: Dec 12, 2013 at 12:18 AM ---
    try that fly

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2013
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Time for a refresh.

Just went down to my local guitar shop with the intention of selling 4 of my guitars. I'm moving in a month and really don't have space to take 5 guitars, I have room for 1 or 2, mayyyybe 3.

All three of the electrics you guys saw earlier from me in this thread (the green Kramer Nightrider, the red Schecter C-1 Lady Luck, and the unpictured Les Paul Special II) all were traded for this new acquisition.

[​IMG]

It's from a guitar company called Samick, and they build guitars for other companies (allegedly they were responsible for the production of 60% of the world's guitars produced in the year 2004, but I dunno if I believe that). At some point they hired this guy named Greg Bennett to design and create guitars for the Samick brand. This is one of them.

It's called the Avion AV6-LTD, and it's basically a higher-end Les Paul clone.

[​IMG]

Absolutely gorgeous spalted maple top in a clear "natural" finish. This thing is HEAVY, feels just like a Les Paul (a real one, not the Les Paul Special that I was previously ranting and raving over).

[​IMG]

Typical Les Paul design: 2 vol / 2 tone, dual Duncan Designed humbuckers, 3-way switch, stop tailpiece. This thing sounds AWESOME.

[​IMG]

Even got the Les Paul-style crown inlays.

[​IMG]

I kinda like this headstock design.

[​IMG]

Back finish is a transparent red and looks phenomenal.

[​IMG]

Legitimate Grover tuners. Thing stays in tune really, really well.

[​IMG]

Guitar even came with a fitted hardshell case. Fits like a glove.

[​IMG]

(apparently my finger snuck into that shot, whoops!)

This guitar was pre-owned, but just barely; Apparently the previous owner bought it new, used it a few times, and then it sat around for 6-ish months and was brought to the guitar shop, who then had to sell a basically brand-new guitar for a fraction of the brand-new price. I got it for a STEAL.
    ...well, technically, I traded three guitars to get this one guitar, so it wasn't technically a 'steal' but y'all get my point.

Sound bytes to come in the "TFP Concert" thread whenever I get around to recording them. :)

• Like Like x 2
  3. The Greg Bennett Samicks are very nice instruments. I've got an older Samick HJ560. If you care for larger hollow bodies (think Gibson ES125), you would love it.

4. Do you mean like one of these? :p

[​IMG]

This guitar is a vintage 1958 Gibson ES125. It belonged to my grandfather, and I am going to inherit it when my mom decides that she's ready to give it up (it has a lot of sentimental value to both of us, so it might be a while, but damn if it won't ever be worth the wait). This is, bar none, my favorite guitar that I've ever played, even more so than this new acquisition.

• Like Like x 1
  5. GeneticShift

GeneticShift Show me your everything is okay face.

My bass is a Samick.