1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Practice Apologizing Here

Discussion in 'Tilted Life and Sexuality' started by genuinemommy, Sep 8, 2018.

1. genuinemommy

genuinemommy Moderator Staff Member

Do you need to apologize to someone?
    I envisioned this something like Pointless Announcements. With a little snark and maybe some really absurd apologies.

But then I realized that I am really horrible at apologizing, and this could actually turn into a somewhat serious thread, with people helping each other perfect their apologies.

So here we go. Post your apologies. Practice apologizing. And critique other people's apologies. And be goofy if you want. Share backstory if you want. But do try to be kind, ok?

I'll get us started.
    I need to apologize to my sister.
    This is what I really want to say:
    "I'm sorry that I listened to exactly what you said and followed your list precisely and you still got furiously mad at me. I'm sorry that everything I do makes you want to scream."

Yeah... I don't think that one will go over well. I think I need to keep working on it.

What about you?
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 8, 2018, Original Post Date: Sep 8, 2018 ---
    Here's a tutorial on apologizing.
    How to Apologize – Asking for Forgiveness Gracefully

2. PonyPotato

PonyPotato Very Tilted

I did make this apology to my mother a few days ago, but I will likely repeat it soon:

"I am sorry for blowing up on you and using unkind language a few times on our trip. I am very stressed and not well-rested, and I resent the world right now for the problems we are both having. I'm really sorry I took that out on you because you questioned my decision making. You didn't deserve it."

• Like Like x 3
  3. genuinemommy

genuinemommy Moderator Staff Member

That's a very nice apology.