1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Practicing Gratitude

Discussion in 'Tilted Life and Sexuality' started by snowy, Feb 26, 2012.

1. SCBronco

SCBronco Getting Tilted

I am grateful for my wife, and our two sons. without her, i wouldnt have the boys, and without the boys, neither of us would be whole... Love you all...

• Like Like x 1
  2. mixedmedia

mixedmedia ...

oh wow! i guess i should log in to facebook every once in a while. :oops:

3. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

They are going to be best parents. I wish I was their kid.

4. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Me too! And she is the cutest!

5. SirLance

SirLance Death Therapist

I am grateful to Snowy, for starting this thread and reminding us of all we have to be grateful for.

I am grateful for my family, for my children, for all the days I have lived and yet may live.

I'm grateful to the guy who backed off to let me change lanes today.

I think feeling gratitude and expressing it are folds of the same cloth and I am now determined to express it to those who show kindness.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

I am grateful for science and medicine that kept my wife alive. I am grateful for my friends (and even complete strangers) who offered their support during her illness.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. snowy

I am grateful for snow.

• Like Like x 1
  8. mixedmedia

mixedmedia ...

I am grateful for the neurochemical responses that make me feel happy.

• Like Like x 1
  9. genuinemommy

genuinemommy Moderator Staff Member

I learned as a child that as a proper young woman I was supposed to write 3 thank-you notes every day. I could write them to anyone I wanted, and say thank you in any way I wanted, but I was encouraged to write them for about a year when I was 12. The practice really was wonderful. I ended up writing notes to all kinds of people to express my gratitude - kids in my classes for picking up a pencil for me or helping me with homework, politicians for protecting the environment when I heard about it on the news, Sunday school teachers for their patience, friends' parents for raising good kids, etc.

Now that I think about it, I should really start this up again. 3 thank-you cards every day is probably too often, but there's no harm in making sure I share at least one sincere thank-you every day. Thank you for being thankful, Snowy!

• Like Like x 4
  10. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

I'm grateful for my brain and inherent talent. (it has saved me despite my lack of disipline)
    ...for living such an interesting life. (perhaps this is thru my lack of fear more so than intent)
    ...for those who love me and respect me. (this surprises me the most)
    And last, my undying optimistism and fascination with life. (although, I'm a cynic, which is an optimist who's been bitched-slapped often over time)

• Like Like x 1
  11. SCBronco

SCBronco Getting Tilted

I'm grateful for sweet tea...

• Like Like x 1
  12. snowy

I'm grateful for the tickets my husband won to the Portland Timbers game. It was a ton of fun.

I'm grateful for the chance to reconnect with a very good high school friend. He's going to come down and visit in a couple of weeks. I'm looking forward to it!

• Like Like x 1
  13. genuinemommy

genuinemommy Moderator Staff Member

I'm grateful for beautiful gardens.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

I'm grateful for my daughter and wife. I'm grateful that they put up with my shit.

• Like Like x 1
  15. tasineah

tasineah New Member

I would like to participate in this thread by committing to posting 30 days of "5 things I am grateful for". I have done this in the past to deal with depression and/or a need for spiritual focus. Thank you for starting this thread and I hope you dont mind me using it as a home to post for 30 days...

day one..
    1) I am ever so grateful for the man in my life, CDWonderful. I cannot imagine life without him and barely remember life before him. This is truly the love of my life relationship.

2) I have a horse. My health has been so bad since 2007 after my car accident, I didnt know if I would ever be able to ride again. After several surgeries and years of medical treatment, I am able to have and enjoy a horse again

3) I am opening a store, a plus size women's resale shop. I am disabled because of that accident and have been unable to work. However, I am working with a government agency and they are helping me to open this store. What a blessing. Truly

4) My health has improved much this past year. After all those surgeries, I can feel a difference in me. Things are working again. Amazing.

5) Oatmeal. I truly love oatmeal and it is SO good for me.

• Like Like x 1
  16. snowy

I'm grateful for sunny days.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Freetofly

Freetofly Diving deep into the abyss

I'm grateful for Mr. Clean, a good friend and a beautiful human being that is a guardian angel to my son. Saved his life.
    --- merged: Mar 8, 2012 at 8:04 PM ---
    I love gardens! This past year I had a garden of 5 different species of sunflowers. Love it!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2012
  18. snowy

I am grateful that I live in a town with an indoor winter market. We're off to go get greens, potatoes, and other surprises. I love going to market. There always seems to be a surprise.

• Like Like x 1
  19. PonyPotato

PonyPotato Very Tilted

I am grateful for my body, its strength, and the friends and instructors who help me improve physically.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

I'm grateful that spring seems to be trying to show up after a particularly mild winter, and I may just be able to golf soon.

• Like Like x 1