1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Practicing Gratitude

Discussion in 'Tilted Life and Sexuality' started by snowy, Feb 26, 2012.

1. MeltedMetalGlob

MeltedMetalGlob Resident Loser Donor

I know I just posted that I'd take my own problems over anyone else's, but upon further reflection I think if I found some guy who's complaining that his biggest problem is that his wife's sex drive is tiring him out, I'd like to trade with him for a day.

Or a week.

Or even a month, if he likes.

You know, just to see how it feels.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

I'm grateful that I have a job, and I'm going to get some training for the first time in years. Little things. Starting small.

• Like Like x 1
  3. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

I'm grateful for my work. Can't wait to see all my kiddos, old and new, next week.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Wildmermaid

Wildmermaid Very Tilted

I'm grateful that the sun is shining and it's gym day. I'm hopeful that working out will take away this splitting migraine. I'll be very grateful for that if it happens.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 25, 2017, Original Post Date: Aug 25, 2017 ---
    I'll bet they'll be so delighted to see you too! :D

• Like Like x 1
  5. Wildmermaid

Wildmermaid Very Tilted

From my FB as about to head out but don't want to forget gratitude check in... Am I happy yes I am. I did not know it was possible to feel this good after a bad pain day! Yesterday was intense bone pain where one of the screws are, I could not even leave the bedroom, we had dinner in here. [​IMG] Today, that pain is not there, AT ALL! Freaking amazing and I'm sooooo grateful! Will be gentle with that leg though as it is my best leg. Lol. The one I hope to get to keep forever, its twin though, man that sucker is a pain in the...shin. Yeah. [​IMG] Shin.

• Like Like x 3
  6. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

We had a wedding shower for one of my coworkers at my job the other day and the next day we were talking another coworker said that her husband was amazed that kind of thing went on at work. He had never worked somewhere that supported their employees like that.
    I'm grateful to work someplace where people genuinely care about each other, like being around each other and like what they are doing.

• Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  7. Wildmermaid

Wildmermaid Very Tilted

That is really heartwarming @redravin ! :D

8. Wildmermaid

Wildmermaid Very Tilted

I'm grateful for last night <3 , new friends, old friends, Rocky Horror Picture Show, lots of hugs, humor, being able to laugh at my sillyass self even in a painfully awkward situation, my crutches and very much wheels, also being able to talk vegan cooking and share things with one of my favorite living painters!

• Like Like x 2
  9. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

I'm grateful for my friends

• Like Like x 2
  10. SirLance

SirLance Death Therapist

"It's not joy that makes us grateful. It's gratitude that makes us joyful."

--David Steindl-Rast

• Like Like x 2
    • Lovely Lovely x 1
  11. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

My Al-Anon sponsor used to have me make a gratitude list every now and then. Especially if I was whining about something.