1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Food QOTD #71: How often do you eat fast food?

Discussion in 'Tilted Food' started by genuinemommy, Mar 31, 2016.

1. SCIENCE!

2. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

I love big McDonald's straws.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I DO TOO!!!! Suck in more delicious coke in a big gulp.

4. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

You definitely suck. Hard. That we can agree on.

5. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

The coke doesn't get stuck in them?

6. Borla

If you need a McD's straw to snort, you might have a drug problem......

• Like Like x 2
  7. Gross. Stop thinking about me sucking hard.

Why are you so obsessed with me?

8. Borla

Half this thread is about people sucking cola up their straws. Not sure where you are going with this.

Perv.

9. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

I don't drink soda. I like the taste of their water. It's weird, it always has a little bit of the orange drink taste. Just a hint. I don't actually eat there. I used to hit Wendy's for a salad once or twice a week in Louisiana because there was nothing fresh around one of my work sites. I default to Moe's streaker, no rice or beans or cheese, chicken 'burrito' bowls with guac and salsa and all the fresh veg when I can't think of anything else to eat. Or a three meat salad from Bono's barbecue. Never more than once a week do I grab fast food. We'll do take out once a week, but it's regular restaurant food. Or from the natural Deli. Nothing fast about any of that, ha ha.

10. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

I used to eat it often enough.

These days the only time I eat traditional fast food is for breakfast. I am a fan of the sausage and egg mcmuffin.

• Like Like x 1
  11. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Me too :) It's my breakfast guilty pleasure.

12. Chris Noyb

I do occasionally eat at Subway, which I don't consider to be "fast" food because the options to make your meal healthy/healthier are numerous. I load my sandwiches with all of the veggies, and usually just get a courtesy cup for ice water.

You could say there's a difference between drive-thru fast food, and going to a deli shop.

13. POPEYE

POPEYE Very Tilted

C'mon Chris Subway is no deli shop so quit trying to make yourself feel better. I really enjoy a greasy bacon cheeseburger and fries. Drive thru is best. It certainly does the job for my GS. Whataburger is GREAT.

14. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

Am I the only person that eats fast food but doesn't eat french fries? I bet I haven't eaten a french fry in a couple of years.

Fries feature the unholy trinity (fats, carbs, sodium) and are bad whether they come from Burger King or some fancy French "gourmet" establishment as steak frites. The fast food industry isn't what damns french fries.

Public health would be greatly improved if they would ban just one vegan/vegetarian food: fried potatoes.:D

15. Vegetarian options at restaurants in the Midwest are potatoes covered in cheese. I'm a fat vegetarian.

Also, cake is vegetarian. Mmmmmm cake. That's why I am a fat vegetarian in the PAC Northwest.

• Like Like x 1
  16. redux

redux Very Tilted

Can we call them

[​IMG]

US House of Representatives cafeteria changes names for 'french' fries and 'french' toast.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

There's a "gourmet" burger place here called Honest Abe's. Honest Abes Burgers + Freedom

They call theirs freedom fries. I've never tried them. They serve burgers, (which I have tried) fries, and drinks. That's it. Their entry level burger is $7.95 and I was both satisfied and impressed. It was as medium-rare and impressive as finding a bright, sweet, even-tempered, sensitive guy with a firm, solid 19cm... well, you know.;) I mean, I was impressed. Perfectly seared and without all the distractions that often get served up with so-called gourmet burgers.

I sometimes eat at a local place called Freakbeat Vegetarian.
    Grateful Bread/Freakbeat Vegetarian, Lincoln, Lincoln - Urbanspoon/Zomato

Run by a couple of superannuated hippies, they are just delightfully contrarian.:cool: They play Greatful Dead and Iggy Pop on their vinyl turntable, and take cash only... no checks, no credit or debit cards. I love the place, but most of their food is way too high-carb for my plan. But they do have a few cream soups that are fantastic. Last week I had a spicy Moroccan style tomato that was divine.

But they also have a lot of carbofatbombs like various mac & cheese items, and the crowd shows it. Fat vegetarians probably drink enough of the vegetarian kool-aid that they feel better about being fat than fat carnivores.

18. Stan

Stan Resident Dumbass

Beer is vegetarian, at least, that's what my daughter tells me.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Chris Noyb

That reminds me.....I do actually eat at Whataburger (WAB) a couple of times a month, when I visit my mom. She loves onion rings and the ones at WAB are pretty good. Not as good as real ones actually cut, battered & cooked fresh, but these days there aren't many places that go through the trouble. She also loves root beer and WAB has Barq's.

And I do consider my veggie-loaded "salad" sandwiches at Subway to be much healthier that the usual fast food offerings.

20. POPEYE

POPEYE Very Tilted

I eat fried potatoes in some form or another at least ( at least ) once a week. That would be french or american fries, smoked ham hocks or jawls in pintos with fried potatoes in our cast iron skillet, deep fried potato skins stuffed with cheese and meats, fried potatoes for breakfast with bacon and eggs, let us not forget SWEET POTATO FRIES. Potatoes fried or not are a staple in my diet like rice is to asian foods. Lindy you ARE the only person I know that doesn't eat french fries.