1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Food QOTD #76: What is your favorite breakfast cereal?

Discussion in 'Tilted Food' started by genuinemommy, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

I miss breakfast cereal. Oatmeal with chopped nuts, dried coconut, and dried fruit with a little honey. Amaranth flakes. My childhood was mostly Life cereal with Froot Loops as a treat. College was Honey Nut Cheerios grabbed from the caf or PB Cap'n Crunch if I needed a bigger hit of sweet. We snacked on granola our whole lives at home. Not the boxed stuff, only bulk from the health food store. There aren't any that are worth it now. The grains make me pretty sick.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Freetofly

Freetofly Diving deep into the abyss

Multi-grain dumped on top of blueberry yogurt. Lots of vitamins so they say and calcium in the yogurt...I don't like milk.

• Like Like x 1
  3. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Add "Life" into the mix... :)

I forgot that.

• Like Like x 1
  4. roblincoln

roblincoln Vertical

Every once in a while, I get a mad, from-childhood craving for Captain Crunch with Crunchberries. My normal favorite is Raisin Bran, however.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

Since my wife's surgery and subsequent need for extra fiber, we've had mueslix recently, and I recently bought some oat squares.

• Like Like x 1
  6. genuinemommy

genuinemommy Moderator Staff Member

Oh man. That stuff is good.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

I forgot about Uncle Sam. Relatively low priced, because they don't spend a lot advertising to kids. High fiber, no added sugar. I'm not sure if it is nationally available. I remember having trouble finding it in Boston.

No preservatives, and only four ingredients:
    Whole wheat berries
    Flax seed
    Barley malt
    Salt

If you look, you can see that the flakes are actually squashed wheatberries, not made from some slurry.

Original Wheat Berry Flakes - Uncle Sam