1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

[Read of Interest] Google's Ideation Online: "Think Quarterly"

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Jetée, May 27, 2012.

1. Jetée

Jetée Getting titled

Think Quarterly
    Insights and outlooks on the digital future.

As of the time I am posting this, this online periodical / thinkpiece is centering around the sphere of creativity: where we get it, in what forms it descends upon us, how we utilise it, and why it matters to one's, or all of ours, well-being; all in the context of the right-now, our digital and fast-paced age of technology.

Per the primer: Creativity
    I am half-way through this new issue, and whilst others take the time to read just a few, or catch up on all of the, articles; I'd like to lay the groundwork for an open discussion of what it means to be creative nowadays, and allowing us to share where we derive our inspiration from, and to where it drives us once we attain a formed creative idea.

To make this a short example, (so that others may chime in with their own, if they wish) the main way in which I try to channel my own creativity is to usher forth ideas, opinions, accomplishments of beauty, pain & triumph, from any and all spheres of influence that I can obtain. I'm basically a culler & curator, trying to reassess the revelation that no one thought or creation is truly original, and that we all draw upon our surroundings and experience to mold what we see and perceive. I just like to place the pieces back together, at the very least trying to form something new from what was already there, un/-seen.
    Sure, I'm learning new things every day, I like to experiment, free-write, imagine & shape my dreams; re-kindling once again that melodic creativity I have, (for those ivory keys) but for the most part... I just save countless objects, daily, hoping for the one day I can relate its story to an eager audience, breathing life back into all that take part (especially the unnamed object).

So... placing this back in the hands of the community to which I serve, what do you see, hear, touch, smell or hear, when some other unknown tells you a story of an 'amazing creative'? Abstraction is the basis of all innovations, but more importantly for this exercise, I need to know exactly what you think about that starts your curiousity when it comes to the spark of creativity. How do you describe your personal creative outlet?

- - - - -
    -- semi-unrelated: I had the idea to post this starter when the topic was revolving around Innovation; I wish I wasn't so lax in my part on sharing my ideas and opinions on floating knowledge bases.

2. Jetée

Jetée Getting titled