1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Recipe Recipe Websites

Discussion in 'Tilted Food' started by CoffeeBee, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

Daval, great to see you.

My wife swears by canadianliving.com as well. She used to work in food marketing and, in the line of that work, she met some of the people working in the Canadian Living test kitchens. She was well impressed by the amount of testing that goes into their recipes.

2. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

The website says they're "tested till perfect."

I like the sound of that.

3. DAKA

DAKA DOING VERY NICELY, THANK YOU

Wow old thread, well anyway have a look on You Tube CHEF JOHN, we have followed his recipes and videos and made some really great dishes.

4. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Oh, I already said it!

--- merged: Oct 26, 2014 3:44 PM ---
    The proviso above particularly applies to these websites. I get questions from friends and family a lot about why x recipe failed. Well, usually it's because it wasn't tested in multiple kitchens or multiple times. I'm not saying home recipes don't work--otherwise I wouldn't post my own--but they should be approached with a critical eye.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2014