1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Relationship Concerns

Discussion in 'Tilted Life and Sexuality' started by RedSneaker, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

2. Poetry

Poetry Totally Sharky, Complete

Nothing but net.

3. EventHorizon

EventHorizon assuredly the cause of the angry Economy..

wow im impressed at the lack of "responsible adults can use any drug as long as they're functional" posts. OP, pretty much what they said. make guy and curb meet at high velocities

4. Manic

Manic Getting Tilted

Firstly, I didn't address either of you directly in my initial post because I didn't and still don't care to. Not having called either of you out but simply offering my own advice and opinions on the matter while also responding in general to the type of advice supplied not only by you two but plenty of other people, that you both clearly feel called out is your own problem to manage.

Secondly, your obvious inability to see a difference between the offering of contrasting ideas and a claim that one's contrasting ideas are the best of all offered is yet another problem that's all your own to mange. I made no claims of having offered ultimate advice nor having any more information to go on than what RedSneaker supplied and regardless of however hurt your feelings may be, your shared inability to proceed in this without distorting my ideas (that's a strange need you both have to tell me not only what I think but believe myself to know) and supposing a great deal of nonsense onto me makes clear what a great waste of time proceeding any further in this with you would be.

Again, blah.

5. ejkwt

ejkwt Vertical

Its been a while since I've read Dickens.. I remember those long, beautifully constructed 200 word paragraphs that were a single sentence, full of nested parentheses and semicolons.

6. It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair,

• Like Like x 1
  7. Zen

Zen Very Tilted

Hi Manic, some parts of your post and their results had enough similarities to a profile I described in
    http://www.thetfp.com/threads/politically-incorrect-work-banter.867/#axzz1VpgccYm9
    for you to explore further, if you want, over in that thread.

In this thread, I want your following words to stand proud above the inter-nacine exchanges ...
    ... and to take their proper place alongside the rest of our thoughts, given that, in my own opinion, the way we may best be useful is clearly expressed in Poetry's words which you and I have quoted.

8. Nienna

Nienna New Member

I just ended a 6 year relationship and was also engaged for 4 months.

Here is my BEST advice to you: If the shoe hurts in the store, it'll KILL YA when you get home.

Go with your gut. More often than not, you'll be making the right choice. Best of luck.

• Like Like x 2
  9. RestlessinPA

RestlessinPA Vertical

To me, it sounds like you have a roommate who means nothing. Someone who is just paying rent every month with no other conversation. This is not what a relationship is. I'll admit I have my own relationship problems and probably aren't one to talk but one thing my boyfriend does is talk. What is a relationship without communication? It seems like that's what you're lacking. No matter how you bring the conversation up, he will see it in a "bitchy" way. There's no point in trying to avoid that. All you can do is make sure you get you're point across to him that you won't stand for being treated like this. Do not give in and start taking care of him like a mother. Especially if you were planning on having kids in the future. You don't want to have TWO children to take care of.
    On other words, I hope everything works out for you.

10. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

Manic,

Hit me again with your dainty velvet glove, you moody indie stoic lurker, you. Tell me how you really feel, big guy.

So what if it's true? It's endorsed by the management.