1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Rio 2016 Olympic Games

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by CinnamonGirl, Aug 6, 2016.

1. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

Tried to watch the US Women's soccer game today...nope. :mad: Super bummed they lost to Sweden.

2. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

It was pretty awful. Be glad you missed it. The USWNT was not on their A game. On top of that, the officiating was terrible.

3. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

From what I read the Swedes used a ball control offense to keep the ball in the open field and a tough defense to take the US out of their game. Hope Solo's comments were shameful, esp when you consider that she gave up the winning penalty kick goal.

• Like Like x 1
  4. CinnamonGirl

Yeah, I don't like her. Rapinoe's my girl.

5. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Yeah, I thought that was particularly rich. God forbid that Hope Solo show a little humility in the face of defeat.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

After watching gymnastics I really contemplated calling into work the next day with a wrist injury

• Like Like x 2
  7. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Tend to watch the vid clips, myself.
    I don't like watching by schedule and I don't want to take up room on my DVR...thankfully there's the ubiquitous internet (and I don't mind watching a delay or spoiled event)

FYI - Bloomberg's Medal Count index.
    Nice even has a per capital ratio and GDP ratio :cool: (small vs. giant country comparisons)
    (Hungary and New Zealand are kicking ass in those terms)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Chris Noyb

That's a great breakdown, @rogue49.

Earlier I was telling my wife, an ex-Brit, that GB and even Japan were ahead of Russia in the Medals count.

I would probably re-injure my arm if I found a compilation vid of Women's Beach Volleyball :p.

• Like Like x 3
  9. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Dude, to be honest...I would get CTS, if it was hot barely dressed fit women in ANY event, even Olympic level knitting. :D
    Just sayin'...

10. CinnamonGirl

Looking forward to watching volleyball & gymnastics tonight. Sadly, I haven't been able to catch any water polo yet.

In other news, Ryan Lochte, Gunnar Bentz, Jack Conger, and Jimmy Feigen were robbed at gunpoint early this morning. How scary.
    --- merged: Aug 14, 2016 at 2:41 PM ---
    Oh, and this was cool...apparently a 9-year old Katie Ledecky met Michael Phelps and got his autograph.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

Congrats to Usain Bolt. :cool:

What a career. Amazing.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  13. CinnamonGirl

Oh, man. The Brazilian men in floor exercises just made me cry. How awesome for them!

14. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

15. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

16. CinnamonGirl

Oh, man. Just caught the end of the women's open water 10k.

Aurelie Muller of France had the silver, but then got DQ'd after swimming over Italy's Bruni. I don't think it was on purpose (she swam into the buoy holding the finish line and was trying to correct course, it looked like), so that's gotta suck. Congrats to Sharon van Rouwendaal for a commanding lead to finish for the gold. (USA's Haley Anderson came in fifth.)

17. Chris Noyb

The US Men's Beach Volleyball team got hammered 2-1 by the Brazilian team.

I still have high hopes for the women.

18. I so wanted Japan to medal in Rugby. However, they did pretty awesome considering some of the giants that were in the Olympics this year! They played South Africa for Bronze. they got beat pretty badly, but still...they did awesome.

19. CinnamonGirl

I wanted to hug Belocian last night (false start in the 110 hurdles.) I can't even imagine how absolutely crushing that must be :(

Sanne Wevers had an absolutely beautiful beam routine last night. Trying to stay away from news updates about the floor exercise tonight.

20. genuinemommy

genuinemommy Moderator Staff Member

• Like Like x 2