1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes (2011)

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by MexicanOnABike, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

That doesn't change the fact that chimps are five times stronger than humans. And in keeping with this thread topic, what if the chimp had a sword too?

2. Strange Famous

Strange Famous it depends on who is looking...

This chimp that think's he's the big "I am"... bring him on I say. They may have strength and big teeth, but they cannot master the martial arts that a man can - even if its a one on one fight. Your article says that a professional wrestler doesnt have the strength to hold a chimp... I say to you that no chimp born has the guile to escape the cross face chicken wing hold, or a figure four leg lock.

The advantages that made man win clearly werent to do with physical strength. Man has less brute strength than many primates... but now we live in cities while they live in the woods like tramps and wild dogs, eating grass and raw bird meat if they are lucky and we dont decide to build a golf course in their land.

Even if you a chimp was able to use more of its brain capacity it would not necessarily have the same skills (language, society, intricate use of tools) that made us the kings of the world.

A no animal of any kind can match the aggression and violence and capacity for destruction of humanity.

3. KirStang

KirStang Something Patriotic.

It still won't have an attack chopper.

/End Movie.

4. Baraka_Guru

A wrestler would likely hurt himself trying to put a hold on a chimp.

What is humankind "winning"? The race to depression and anxiety?

We are more mad dictators of the world, rather than kings.

Humankind's worst enemy is itself.

Apes don't need attack choppers. The meek shall inherit the earth.

5. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

6. KirStang

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. Baraka_Guru

Has anyone in this thread actually seen Planet of the Apes?

Wow, the irony here is delicious.

My thanks to both of you. I'm still hearing from others that irony is dead.

8. KirStang

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1318514/synopsis

I don't think a door gunner, however powerful, is the equivalent of an attack chopper. Not to mention, a squadron of attack choppers.

9. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

Hey, bro... you best embiggen your vocabulary if you're going to sling that kinda smack.

j/k

No, really.

Pop-Up Video:

In many third world countries, pirated movies flood the shelves of $2 DVD vendors way before they hit North America.

10. wolf Evil Grin

11. Strange Famous

12. wolf Evil Grin

Yes, very true. I'm not trying to say you couldn't do it. However, if I had the option of going up against something that could rip off my face, I'd back away very slowly.

13. OK: THIS THREAD IS FOR PEOPLE WHO WANT TO SEE THE MOVIE OR HAVE SEEN IT. Stop being negative when you haven't seen the fucking movie! Either go see it or fuck off!

14. KirStang

Relax, these types of discussions, however ridiculous and out there, add to discussion on the board.

15. the_jazz

the_jazz Accused old lady puncher

How about you act like you're mature enough to be on the board? I get that people are derailing your thread, but how about you act like you're not 7 and spoiled? Jesus, my kids act better in public.

16. Strange Famous

Well, this did start with me explaining that I hadnt seen the movie and why I didnt want to.

If it gets down to a conversation with me claiming I will strip to the waist and fist fight a chimpanzee to prove the superiority of mankind... thats the just the way my mind works, I cant help it.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Manic

Manic Getting Tilted

It took a long long time to go nowhere, John Lithgow's ridiculous and laughably unbelievable facial expressions ruined scene after scene and repeatedly broke my suspension of disbelief and the climax was just as underwhelming as everything that preceded it. I'd have been happier had I not paid to see it in theaters but I'm honestly surprised it's getting such good reviews.

It was a lot better than the one with Mark Wahlberg.