1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Rittenhouse Trial

Discussion in 'Tilted Philosophy, Politics, and Economics' started by pig, Nov 12, 2021.

1. omega

omega Very Tilted

In the 70s, the black panthers used to open carry in California. All the orange county Republicans (and most other white people) freaked out. So California, under that commie governor Ronald Reagan, created strict gun control legislation to disarm those uppity colored folk. Maybe liberals and progressives need to be heavily armed in open carry for the next protest. The court cases are on their side. Just claim self defense.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & don't criticize.

"Maybe...." No, definitively. I have been in favor of a radical (heavily armed, extremely loud, and highly visible) left movement for quite a while. Passive appeasement helped the Nazis take control. Yes, I associate the current racism and hard right with the Third Reich.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

At the end of the day, hes gonna have a long life, people are mean and hateful and will never forget

4. Chris Noyb

I'm not sure how to read your post.
    People should forget what Rittenhouse did?
    Reminding him that he killed (murdered) two people is mean and hateful?

????

I don't buy his blubbering "regret."
    IMO the brief bits of post-trial comments from him show he knows he got extremely lucky. Actually given the way the case was prosected, the jury selection, and the actions of the judge, luck might be a small factor.

5. ralphie250

ralphie250 Fully Erect Donor

basically means that he should probably be looking over his shoulder for the rest of his life.

• Like Like x 2
  6. ASU2003

ASU2003 Very Tilted

I wonder if the jury feared retribution and death threats if they ruled the other way?

• Like Like x 1
  7. boink

boink Getting Tilted

Watching his blubbery Jell-O face wobble as he sobbed was certainly a dissonant moment, laughing and choking vomit down at the same time.
    I wasn't sure how it'd go till I saw how the judge guided the tone and POV to the jury, blatantly.

So, the outcome is Lil' Shittenhouse is gonna tour around cashing in on being a delusional Don Quixote Jr. murdering folks and telling the tale with pride and paychecks.

I'd like to see David Hogg punch Shittenhouse in the face till his nose comes out his ass hole.

Fuck you Justice system.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Chris Noyb

The jury didn't find him innocent so much as they refused to find him guilty.

I wonder which would pay him more, independent speaker fees or being on the NRA payroll?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. omega

omega Very Tilted

I was pleasantly surprised to hear him say he was going to destroy the rifle. At least that one won't be a fetish object for the right. Right next to their used canisters of zyklon b.

10. Chris Noyb

I can think one last thing he could do with that rifle.
    Then somebody else could destroy it.

• Like Like x 1