1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Rittenhouse Trial

Discussion in 'Tilted Philosophy, Politics, and Economics' started by pig, Nov 12, 2021.

1. boink

boink Slightly Tilted

Well, you'd need to buy a ticket to see it all inside the venue. That would stop me. I might consider going to an outdoor event in a park where I didn't need to add cash to their efforts.

You know it'll be awash in denialism...I love my dog, regardless of him killing 15 of nearby neighbors cats my dog needs to roam free.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

I wouldn't pay.

Hell, I wouldn't even waste the gas to make the 50 mile drive.

3. Chris Noyb

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Chris Noyb

I've heard a dog story...
    as told by defense attorneys:
    My client doesn't own a dog.
    My client owns a dog, but that isn't my client's dog.
    That's my clients dog, but it didn't bite anyone.
    My client's dog bit someone, but my client didn't tell it to bite them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. boink

boink Slightly Tilted

"My client's dog bit someone, but my client didn't tell it to bite them."

That's trump defense right there.
    Dogs don't understand English, just make an angry noise and point at who you want him to bite.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Chris Noyb

I think it's more like NPD Trump makes the suggestion to a group of people. They decide which one of them is going pass the "suggestion" onto the person controlling the dog.

Never underestimate the power
    of multiple layers of
    plausible deniability.

Piles of circumstantial evidence that should equal proof of guilt can turn to crap when it runs into the Beyond Any Reasonable Doubt barrier.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. boink

boink Slightly Tilted

If "reasonable" was a physical object like brick, I'd feel better about things.
    But now, "freedom" dosn't even include being able to say what you are (gay) for some people in some places in America not to mention that freedom dosn't guarantee a fair and balanced representation of your races history in the education system.
    Reasonable is a judgement word corruptible like "liberty", "justice", "all"
    As mentioned by someone on tv recently, we have a legal system but maybe not a justice system currently.

• Agree Agree x 1