1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Road Rage Justice

Discussion in 'Found on the Net' started by rogue49, Mar 28, 2014.

1. DamnitAll

DamnitAll Wait... what?

Agreed. :)

2. I'm extremely hesitant to call an accident of any kind 'justice.'

The one behind the camera should not have been in the left lane. The one in the big pickup truck should not have been tailgating and spent far too much time 'speaking his mind' and not paying attention to the road.
    Everyone's at fault and nobody 'wins,' unless you count some video footage that some would consider 'cool' to be a consolation prize.

3. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

IMHO, no matter how much she was being inane, does NOT excuse the stupidity he did.
    She was being annoying.
    He was being unsafe.

If I lashed out at every person being annoying I'd be in jail, dead or paying a lot in medical and insurance. (or all of the above)

That's why I curse my head off within my enclosed car with the windows rolled up.
    My eyes are still on the road, my hands on the wheel.
    I'm NOT going right up to someone's rearend. (can't tell you how many cars get into crashes because of that move)
    And I get my irritation out...SAFELY.

Quite frankly, someone being unsafe is more annoying than the annoying person.
    Why? Because they're putting ME at risk.
    And even if they crash and I'm not involved...I'M stuck behind the miles of rubber-neckers looking at their friggin' crash. :rolleyes:
    (**much less that I care if someone gets hurt...)

4. DAKA

DAKA DOING VERY NICELY, THANK YOU

The video just made the AOL header page....

5. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

IMO and in my driving, "keeping your eyes on the road" isn't just watching the traffic in front of you and beside you, it includes watching what is going on behind you. Which is very important. This helps me to figure out my options before I get into a situation that might require speeding up, changing lanes, braking, etc.

It is no guarantee of avoiding dickhead drivers, but it certainly helps.
    --- merged: Mar 31, 2014 at 8:03 AM ---
    It's been a Yahoo! 'front page' story for a couple of days.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2014
  6. redravin

redravin Cynical Optimist Donor

Since I don't drive I've only been involved in one direct case.
    I was riding with a friend who had just dropped a chunk of his paycheck to replace the windshield on his van after it was busted from a winter storm.
    At an intersection the driver of the Camaro Z28 in front of us felt he had to peel out.
    I'm sure you can figure out what happened at that point.
    Ned screamed in rage as a rock spider webbed his brand new windshield and the chase was on.
    Normally there would be no way in hell we would have caught up with the guy but it was summer time in AK which means road construction.
    About five miles down the road everybody was choked up waiting for a cute young thing with a flag and Ned dived out of the van with it still running.
    In his hand was the monster monkey wrench his old man used to work on boilers, me being a good friend I grabbed a fish bat and followed.
    By the time I got there Ned was yelling at the slick looking yuppie to get out of the car and he was refusing.
    We were mohawked, grungy and had been stripping trees all day so I don't blame him.
    Ned swung the wrench and snapped off his rearview mirror, then walked back to the van.
    It sat on his dash for at least a year.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2014