1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Rocksmith: kinda like Rock Band/Guitar Hero...but with a REAL guitar

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by Baraka_Guru, Sep 23, 2011.

1. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

Hrm. I haven't run into these problems...yet. I haven't played enough of the game. I've been super busy up until now, but maybe that was a good thing. I hate when stuff doesn't work right. I would assume a patch is coming based on the fact that I see this problem pop up all the time on forums.

2. You know, it seems like this would be an awesome learning tool for people who are just starting out. You know, just to get them hooked, or to see whether they're dedicated enough (or having enough fun with it) in order to stick with it.
    The overall structure of this game makes sense: Turn learning into a game. It works with littler kids, and this is proving that it works with adults as well. Score!

Personally, I say the more people playing musical instruments, the better. But hey, that's just me. ;)

3. Baraka_Guru

I finally picked this up again after a long absence. Wow, like over a month I think. Time flies when you're uninspired.

I just made it to national support act. I'm currently getting ready to rehearse for the Palace Hall performance.

4. Baraka_Guru

On Facebook, they just announced a B.B. King song pack. It just might be the first one I get.

• Like Like x 1
  5. samcol

samcol Getting Tilted

i've got all the dlc so far. not my favorite songs, but it's refreshing to have new stuff. actually i thought i'd hate playing 3 doors down and blink 182, but turns out they are really fun songs. the last patch fixed a lot of the problems the game had. still would be nice to slow down the riff repeater manually but i'm not complaining too much considering how well they did with listening to the customer base on last patch.

i'm not sure if my guitar skills are getting any better, but it really has made the instrument fun again.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Baraka_Guru

I have this suspicion myself. I may get them just for the simple rocking out.

7. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

I've gone ahead and pre-ordered the pc version. Hopefully they will go ahead and release it. Just in time for my birfday....wheee

8. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

Just got notice that the game will now be released December 2012. I have cancelled my preorder. Ferk it

9. Baraka_Guru

I picked this up again after being lazy with the guitar. I d/l'd "Smoke on the Water," "My Sharona," and "Symphony of Destruction," my first DLC purchases. Fun times.

However, I may need to do another purchase soon:

[​IMG]

And, Martian, this means I may have to borrow your bass again. :p

10. martian

martian Server Monkey Staff Member

You can borrow my bass, but it means we actually have to start jamming again at some point.

11. Baraka_Guru

Fair enough. We have a deal.

I hope you like Deep Purple. ;)

Actually, we'd probably have a lot of fun plugging two guitars into the game at my place. All I'd need to do is pick up a second cable.

At least then we wouldn't have to worry about a drummer.

12. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

Hey, I looked again at Amazon and the PC version was 37 bucks, so I now own it, and am slowly moving my way through it. I'm using my daughter's electric... I'm used to an acoustic so I'm probably just going to get a pickup so I can play with my own guitar. So far it's purdy cool though.

• Like Like x 2
  13. highjinx

highjinx "My phobia drowned while i was gettin' down."

steam has the rocksmith software on sale today for 15$ fyi....

• Like Like x 1
  14. Baraka_Guru

I might pick this up. Only $15 when you already have the Real Tone cable is pretty enticing.

I haven't played it much on the PS3 because it's annoying having to switch the video setup on my TV each time to avoid the lag. Also the TV is often in use for other things. Also, running this on my PC will allow me to play privately in my office with the door closed.

Hrm...

I'm just wondering how well it will run on my PC. I only have 2 GB RAM. I will try the demo first.

Thanks for the heads up. I was thinking about this game recently and how I've been ignoring my guitars (again).

EDIT: The funny/stupid thing about this is that now I won't have to hum and haw over whether I want to spend twice the amount ($29.99) on the bass expansion download on PS3. As far as I know the bass component is now a part of the original package.

In other words, this is better than I thought.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
  15. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

Yeah the sw but the realtone cable still costs 27 extra, so 37 was a good deal. I'm thinking of getting a 2nd cable so the wife can play too. The PC version does come with Bass too.

16. Baraka_Guru

• Like Like x 1
  17. Baraka_Guru

Yeah, Rocksmith 2014 is ridiculously better than Rocksmith.

Not only are the interface and menus better, but the teaching/recommending features are leaps and bounds above the original game.

Also, the session mode alone is is worth at least half the game's value. You basically jam to various virtual bands in many different scales of your choosing (and with many different styles of bands). You can even create your own custom bands with lots of different instrumentation. Simply amazing.

Oh, and tons of stuff on DLC that you can't get on original Rocksmith. (It's why I asked for a Steam gift card for Christmas.)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvTAG2fnaco

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brDvUxSGkbQ

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spQGBgJ2wig

Last edited: Dec 21, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Baraka_Guru

As I mentioned recently in the thread on PC games, I've been playing a lot of Rocksmith 2014.

They just posted this video that shows what goes into making a track for the game. They also discuss how they cobbled together the session mode. It's actually pretty cool!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U__y-TVCSDE

19. Azharen

Azharen Getting Tilted

LOVE!!! Rocksmith!!! I have to fix my bass so I can start playing again.

20. Baraka_Guru