1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Rolling Stone Poll: Top 10 Music Collaborations of All Time

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by CinnamonGirl, Aug 11, 2011.

1. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

I listen to a lot of music. These are all, as they say, "before my time," but how about Les Paul and Mary Ford? Ike and Tina Turner? The Dorsey Brothers? Besides that, Rolling Stone is guilty of their usual tunnel vision and can't see past rock and pop genres. I'm not a huge fan of Broadway musicals, but how can any list of great collaborations leave out Rodgers and Hammerstein?

Lindy

2. Seer666

Seer666 Getting Tilted

Wow, I don't see how they could forget to put this jem on the list.

3. roachboy

roachboy Very Tilted

i'm with ms. media on this. i have no idea why rolling stone still bothers pretending that they're a music magazine. they've been irrelevant now for longer than they were relevant back in the early 70s. insofar as being a music magazine is concerned, they probably should have gone out around the time creem did. but they do pubish interesting political analyses from time to time, so i suppose if continuing to pretend they're a music magazine pays the bills between them, then fine. the list is, of course, entirely about rolling stone's demographic and their expectations and what the magazine understands to obtain in the collective world inhabited by that demographic. but all lists are like that. what changes is the
    demographic.

4. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

Two of my favourite pairing of all times would be:
    > Frank Sinatra & Tommy Dorsey
    > Peggy Lee & Benny Goodman
    those rank high if I were making my own top ten list . But I should mention that I have never even heard of #7, 6, 4, and maybe 2, much less heard them. I like the #1 pick but no way in hell is it ranking that high; even making the top ten would not be likely.

5. atimnie New Member

Kelly Clarkson and Reba Mcentire's Because of You trumps 80% of the list.

6. m0rpheus

m0rpheus Getting Tilted

I honestly dont know how anyone can rank One Sweet Day over Under Pressure.

7. EventHorizon

EventHorizon assuredly the cause of the angry Economy..

daft punk + an orchestra = sweet music. thats just science

8. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Very Tilted

Robert Cray and Eric Clapton in there as well. Nice.

They should be dismissed solely for including "Dancing in the Street." But I guess I can see the thinking behind 10, 5, 3 and 2. But I think if I did this for a living, follow the music industry, I could put together a better list.

9. jujueye New Member

Well I'm with ya, Cinny. Rolling Stone polled readers? Who are their readers these days, anyway? Gack!

10. God of Thunder

God of Thunder New Member

I'm not quite sure how anything can rate above Under Pressure, but that's just me.

11. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Very Tilted

I don't know what #1 should be but I've always kinda thought when Celine Dion and Anastasia teamed up to cover AC/DC's "You Shook Me All Night Long" it was definitely a #2 in my mind.

12. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

was that an American idol person? That would make explain why I never even heard of this duet. Does sound interesting.

13. Fly

Fly music is the answer

the fuck kinda list is that..................brutal.

under pressure should have #1 nailed down