1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Politics Romney - Is he ready?

Discussion in 'Tilted Philosophy, Politics, and Economics' started by rogue49, May 15, 2012.

1. Joniemack

Joniemack Beta brainwaves in session

The reaction over Romney losing is quite bizarre. I had no idea the bubble held the unshakable idea that there was any way he could lose. I can almost understand it from the voters but even those who should have known there was a better than even chance he would lose, are acting as if the carpet of all carpets had been pulled out from under them.

If the bubble is so pervasive and illogical, what are the chances any Republicans are going to be able to sort out the true reasons he lost and was pretty much fated to do so? In my opinion, the chances are slim. Conservative analysts as well as right wing pundits are pouring over the results and seeing too late where the holes were. They've alienated Hispanics so now Sean Hannity has flipped on the immigration issue, acknowledging the need for a "path to citizenship" but without any inkling of why a bill like the Dream Act was always the right thing to do. For Republicans, courting Latinos, college kids, single women, blacks, etc for the 2014 and 2016 elections will be an exercise in futility unless they actually see the light and begin to care about them instead of merely viewing them as a means to an end.

Already the RW talk show call is out telling elected Republicans and listeners to up the conservative ante rather than veer towards more moderate positions. Then again, that's what they get paid to do. Hopefully there are still some sane Republican members of Congress who won't be fooled again and Conservative voters, fed a steady diet of this madness, who believed the lie that Romney couldn't lose because Obama is evil and God would prevail on the side of goodness, will decide to stop listening.

It's early yet. I'll wait to see how willing or unwilling they are to work with Obama on the fiscal cliff.