1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Politics Romney - Is he ready?

Discussion in 'Tilted Philosophy, Politics, and Economics' started by rogue49, May 15, 2012.

1. Joniemack

Joniemack Beta brainwaves in session

And on to New Jersey where Anne can swap pregnancy stories with Snookie to wrap up the Jersey Shore vote.

Then on to New Jersey where Ann and Snookie can swap pregnancy stories to wrap up the Jersey Shore vote.

2. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Very Tilted

Given the demographics I think he'd be better hanging with some "Real Housewives" of somewhere. Or maybe he could go hunting with Ted? But he needs to get this phase done so he can morph into a swinging independent regular kind of guy.

3. redux

redux Very Tilted

An app released by the Romney campaign late Tuesday allows user to create an e-postcard and then email it or post it online.

[​IMG]

Poor Mitt cant get a break.

4. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

*facepalm*

Tell me that's fake.

The "I'm with Mitt" has an "I'm with stupid" vibe to it.

Here's to high quality, highly accessible education for a better America.

This is a blessing in disguise perhaps?

Last edited: May 30, 2012
  5. Alistair Eurotrash

Amercia?

6. Bodkin van Horn

Bodkin van Horn One of the Four Horsewomyn of the Fempocalypse

That's such a horrible idea for an app (in the context of a presidential campaign). If I wasn't sure it was spyware, I'd install it and make a postcard using the fruits of my bowel-labor.

• Like Like x 3
  7. ASU2003

ASU2003 Very Tilted

8. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Very Tilted

The good news in this is we thought all along he was running for President of United States turns out he's wants to be the President of Amercia. Wonder if his fund raisers and contributors know of his plans?

9. Baraka_Guru

I just got a rather uncomfortable shudder.

Amercia sounds like a post-American Christian utopia.

10. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Very Tilted

Not to worry. Just like after our civil war smalls groups of these folks will probably end up living in some all white community in South America. Or as they'll call it Amercia.

• Like Like x 2
  11. redux

redux Very Tilted

Ted Nugent?

Lead guitarist of the Amboy Dukes in the 60s (Journey to the Center of my Mind)
    to
    21st century gun nut (losing his mind )
    "If Barack Obama becomes the president in November again, I will either be dead or in jail by this time next year..."If you can't go home and get everybody in your lives to clean house in this vile, evil America hated administration ..wiping its ass with the Constitution, I don't even know what you're made out of.....chops their heads off in November")​

and proud "real American" and Romney supporter.

12. Baraka_Guru

Maybe Nugent has been drinking the same water Heston did.

13. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Very Tilted

Yeah that Ted. Mitt could shoot the shit and some game out of season. He'd up his red neck numbers and raise some money from people he'll later fleece dry.

14. redux

redux Very Tilted

You got that right.

An app that overlays an official Romney campaign slogan on your own chosen photos or graphics and then prompts you to share the photo/graphic on Facebook and Twitter is asking for trouble.

15. Baraka_Guru

• Like Like x 1
  16. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

I still want to know is why Romney is not bragging on his time as Governor of Mass.
    Any other politician would be one that like white on rice.
    He's focus on himself as a businessman...his time at Bain.

The detective side of me wants to look into it further...

And now Obama is going to leverage it; so Romney better come up with a good song & tap dance for it soon.

17. Joniemack

Joniemack Beta brainwaves in session

To me, it seems obvious. MA is a bastion of liberal Democrats who he managed to work fairly well with. (He compromised!) When you're looking to appeal to all things Red, Republican and Conservative, you avoid its contrast like the plague. Besides, the further he can distance himself from his time as the Gov of MA, the less he has to answer for his role in creating the original version of Obamacare.

I don't know how slamming Rpmney's record as governor is going to do much to help Obama. The points are valid but those still undecided are going to need more incentive than Romney's failures in running an expensive state with more than its share of liberal social programs.

What it will definitely do is keep the fact that he was the Governor of a very blue state in the discussion. Still, who is this going to influence? Majority of Democrats are voting Obama, Majority of Republicans are voting anti-Obama. Independents? I'm just not convinced this will be a deciding factor in their decision.

Obama needs to continue hammering home his opponent's lack of business ethics when it comes to the average worker (big money victims) and the small business employer (big money take-over targets). Ruthless without regard for the businesses he was taking over and dismantling or the number of employees he was putting out of a job. The message does not need to stray into anti-capitalist territory to accomplish this. If it does, the message hasn't been adequately fine-tuned. It can't hurt to bring up the issue of Romney's poor showing as Governor as a way to spotlight Romney as an ineffective leader in a government setting, but I would hope Obama doesn't intend riding to re-election on it.

Still, it will be interesting to see how Romney responds to it. He could end up making it more damaging for himself. It might be what the Obama campaign is hoping for.

If I was running Obama's campaign, I would have saved it for just a little while longer. Not give Romney 5 months to find an answer for it.

I know it probably can't be done effectively but finding a way to portray Gov. Romney as a spineless Republican who let liberal Democrats in MA walk all over him would be pretty cool too.

Last edited: May 31, 2012
  18. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Very Tilted

I agree, with the voters Mitt needs to swift a lot from the compromises made in Mass. The people he's trying to maintain and swing his way are not looking for someone who'll work in a bi-partisan manner.

19. Anybody notice how Romney's site is reminiscent of Obama's campaign against McCain? I haven't looked at 'Bama's yet. But I'll tell you this... Mitt's finicky temper is gonna cost him the election. And Mitt's campaign releases an app to send e-postcards (who would do this other than the most politically charged idiots?). I get one of those, and I'll block the sender (friend or not). Last but not least... this is the guy who ran Bain Capital, a business I've looked to and studied in school for good policy and practice (open your books), like you look to TI for ethics... anybody who knows anything about top-level business (if he's looking at Gov't this way), knows that you don't change crap-nothing for around the first 90 days, unless it's so severely broke, you have to fix it. The government is a big machine...it'll keep running, and transition periods are part of the hand-off (if Mitt wins). But signing things the first day... that's dumb... that shows that Mitt's not entirely with it on the business front anymore, and more about getting votes, and will be less about representation. I also worry about that temper of his once he gets into office. For some-odd reason, he reminds me a bit of Nixon.

20. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

It doesn't sound like Romney is connecting with many.
    He needs to start not just doing talking points and ripping on Obama...but truly giving his policy and opinion.