1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Saving and investing money without the stock market or 'gold'

Discussion in 'Tilted Philosophy, Politics, and Economics' started by ASU2003, May 6, 2012.

1. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Thank God oil is coming down.

As is the Euro...but is this good or bad for the US and the rest world?
    Maybe a bit of both...

BTW...I've got to do a shout-out to Carlos Slim, world's richest man.
    This guy is very cunning.
    He's not just riding the back of his established industries, telecomm and more...
    But diversifying his portfolio
    and using the exact same philosophy of one of the greatest stock-pickers ever, Warren Buffet.
    "When everyone else is panicking, that's the time to invest"

Not only that, but I've GOT to love his company name, America Movil.
    At the same time, he not only has an indicator of his home country's language, respecting it.
    but also leverages the perceptional illusion and actual strength & history of the US,
    which is "legit" because Mexico IS in North America.
    So investors that get the "warm & fuzzies" by dressings...will want to buy into his firm.
    Genius.

Last edited: May 24, 2012
  2. ASU2003

ASU2003 Very Tilted

So he diversifying his phone monopoly in Mexico buy buying another monopoly in Europe. What could go wrong? There is a reason we broke up AT&T.