1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

School? Can't wait! You?

Discussion in 'Tilted Life and Sexuality' started by RestlessinPA, Aug 29, 2011.

1. cellophanedeity

cellophanedeity New Member

I'm at University studying religion. I'm not sure where it will take me, but I love it and I'm good at it. I'm hoping that in three to five years, I'll figure out what the hell I'm doing and move on from there. And if not, I won't be any worse off than I am now. It may not be the smartest way to go about things, but I'm really enjoying myself.

2. m0rpheus

m0rpheus Getting Tilted

I live in a University town. Labour day weekend means a huge swell of people as the students come back, and this weekend I saw the first sign of fall. A 19-20 year old guy, shirtless, passed out on a sofa on the front lawn. Beer still in hand.

• Like Like x 1
  3. uncle phil

uncle phil Moderator Emeritus (and sorely missed) Staff Member Donor

AA - Manatee Junior College
    Bradenton, FL
    Liberal Arts

BA - Harpur College
    SUNY Binghamton, NY
    Political Science/History

Additional course work at Ithaca College and University of Maryland - Baltimore County

dabbled in a little bit of everything over the years and am now retired from the US government and the NYS government. i currently sub-teach at one of the local high schools where i live in florida and golf.

my education taught me how to think and how to discipline myself and my actions toward reaching a favorable outcome for all concerned. it's not all about book-learnin'...

4. Remixer

Remixer Middle Eastern Doofus

I went straight into the professional world after I finished high school. Currently doing my BBA, major in Management.

Must say, the work experience helped me tremendously in deciding which degree is my best fit.

There was a time when I wanted to study psychology. While there are many ways to employ psychology in the business world, it wouldn't help my specialization nearly as much as a Management BBA would.

5. Indigo Kid

Indigo Kid Getting Tilted

MSD must be one of the happiest guys here in this forum!! And he knows it, which is terrific Karma!! Have a great school year and enjoy everyone and every event! Bravo!!

6. psykosis

psykosis Getting Tilted

Went to school for business development. I have a very limited roll in that regard at my current position, but the promotion I am seeking (and will know if I get it by this friday) is almost entirely a business development position.

7. Remixer

Remixer Middle Eastern Doofus

Good luck, psykosis!

8. psykosis

psykosis Getting Tilted

Thanks. If I get it, it's a substantial pay bump, plus a move into a position more in-line with my educational background, but will require a major relocation that I'm still trying to work the logistics out on. It'll be all good in the end though, so the immediate struggles and inconveniences are worth it when looking at the grand scheme of things.