1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Food Seasonings and spice is nice

Discussion in 'Tilted Food' started by POPEYE, Nov 6, 2016.

1. POPEYE

POPEYE Very Tilted

What do you have in your cupboard?
    How about a pic.
    I don't usually use salt. ..

Attached Files:

2. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

We buy pink Sea salt from Amazon by the pound :) I have a huge spice and seasoning selection.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

My disorganized spice drawer and shelf. It drives me insane how little space we have for them. The racks we had before we moved just didn't work with our limited counter space in this apt. But, I love my collection. By the way, if you're lucky enough to have access to a Publix, their chili powder is the best blend out there. And I've tried dozens. Also, Weak Knees (which I just realized made it into the picture) is the Holy Grail of Heated Sauces.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  4. POPEYE

POPEYE Very Tilted

Wow @Japchae, what an excellent collection. Do you have a specific food genre such as Mediterranean that you prefer to stock for?

5. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

Nope. We make everything. I like to have a wide variety. It leans a little more towards Asian, but there's a strong Mediterranean, Italian, and French backing buried in there. The top shelf that you can't see is my stash of paleo baking goods, so there are a lot of spices for sweets, too. I grind or microplane a lot of things as needed, too.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

No photos, but we have a huge collection of spices. There are quite a few duplicates since we inherited my MIL's spice stash (which is kind of funny since she was not a very good cook), but even taking that into consideration we have a huge collection of spices.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Stan

Stan Resident Dumbass

No pictures; but we have and use a lot of spices. I prefer that my food tastes different from week to week and will intentionally change up recipes just to change things up.

I have to go through them once a year and toss the old / buy new ones. It's getting to be that time again.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Japchae

Japchae Very Tilted

Pics or they don't exist ;)

9. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

My spices. [​IMG]

The collection is about 5-6 jars deep, and organized by cuisine on the bottom shelf--it moves from Mediterranean to Mexican to Asian/Indian. Top shelf is more Mexican, dressing bases, and random seasoning mixes. I have a Penzeys addiction. I probably order $30 worth of spices every couple months, as we go through our favorites (Ancho chile, Aleppo pepper, Greek seasoning) at a pretty good clip. Also, I've been trying to replace other spices with Penzeys, as the quality is better, and soon my jars will all be the same size.

Right now I'm waiting on a big order of peppercorns.

• Like Like x 3