1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Sex times

Discussion in 'Tilted Life and Sexuality' started by rogue49, Feb 22, 2014.

1. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Is it me...or do these seem short to you??

I know I certainly try for longer enjoyment periods.
    Why do all that effort for so little??

Or am I just an atypical go-getter?? :confused:

2. hamsterball

hamsterball Seeking New Outlets

These numbers seem ridiculous. Perhaps it's dependent on what people classified as "sex."

All I can say is that this hasn't been my experience at all. I don't see how anyone would devote so little time to it.

3. KK88

KK88 New Member

If these stats were found on the internet they HAVE to be true...afterall:

"Everything you read on the internet is 100% accurate"-Abraham Lincoln

and we all know they called him honest ABE!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Levite

Levite Levitical Yet Funky

Are these times for specific sex acts or for an entire "session?" If all that's being clocked is intercourse, then these might be a smidge on the speedy side, but not unbelievable. But if we're talking about everything including foreplay, oral, afterplay, etc., then these are ridiculous, even for quickies.

I'd say for Mrs. Levite and I, the average session-- no special frills, no particular hurry, but no particular drive to break records, either-- runs around 25-35 minutes. Special occasions can take longer-- sometimes considerably longer-- and wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am quickies are, of course, much faster.

5. rogue49

Well, it's not completely random...I did find it on a pretty respectable news site.
    They're not known for putting up tabloid stuff, mostly pure news. The source they got it from was "Nerve". (I don't know their quality)

Now, I've heard that for some penetration sex was shorter than the whole tamale for many.
    (my definition of sex is quite a bit broader than just vaginal penetration to orgasm...)

But even these numbers were quite a bit less than I could even think of.
    I mean, you hear comments about 5 or 10 minute intercourse, but a less than 2 min AVERAGE???

• Like Like x 1
  6. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

I would guess this is just measuring actual penetration and little else. Even then, it does seem a little short. Maybe some people go for quantity and not quality?

• Like Like x 2
  7. hamsterball

Even if that's measuring penetration, those numbers are ridiculous. I'd be personally embarrassed if I only gave my partner 7 minutes or less. Either those numbers are weird, or there are a lot of people that could benefit from some serious instruction.

8. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

There have been recent studies that show actual sexual intercourse (uninterrupted I'm guessing) lasts on average about six minutes. I read a sex studies book from the early 1950s that said sexual intercourse usually lasts about six minutes.

Our lovemaking might last 45 minutes if we're in no hurry; I'd say 10 minutes is intercourse. We're big on foreplay, duringplay, & afterplay.

9. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

I'm always skeptical of this sort of thing. When you're using an app to measure things, it can come out rather contrived compared to normal circumstances.

That said, I can't even imagine under seven minutes of pure thrusting unless you're intentionally trying to beat a time record. (I might have a difficult time beating 1:21, but I've never tried.)

I'd be curious to know my TPM (thrusts per minute) average though.

• Like Like x 1
  10. snowy

Well, it depends on the person, though. Some women are probably okay with a couple minutes. I am sometimes, given the right mood. 7 minutes is right where it starts getting painful for me personally; I come pretty quickly and get too sensitive after too many orgasms, or I've realized I'm not going to come any more and want to be finished.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Baraka_Guru

Yeah, that's the thing. If it were a circumstance where she was done within four or five minutes or whatever, I'm more than likely going to intentionally finish within a minute or two of that. I wouldn't keep going just for the sake of being able to keep going.

• Like Like x 1
  12. rogue49

Well, that would be a whole other study...perhaps the TFP can get a grant.
    Any volunteers? :D

We're international, so our averages will not just be in the States, but for multiple nations.

After watching Masters of Sex for the season, I wonder if I'd actually volunteer for one of these things.
    But these days...unfortunately, they mostly do QnA studies.

Nah, me & the ex...and other previous partners, I easily average over 15, if not more.
    but this is not just me going for it...but switching positions and her taking control at times, so the momentum varies too.
    So for example, with her astride and just keeping a grind going...is that considered into the mix??

Still if these are averages...then for every long-term couple, there's another that's doing less.
    I wonder how they got their data?

13. Baraka_Guru

14. rogue49

Thanks, although I don't know if I'd use it. (it's not coming up anyway)
    I need more of an auction that allows me to put up my true stats...let potential SO's bid on me. (China does it)

America has still a long way to go on the sexual front.
    I wonder how other nations do?

I'd be curious about more relaxed nations...Netherlands, Germany, Australia, Brazil.

• Like Like x 1
  15. snowy

That's actually a semi-falsehood. There are a number of studies out there that have utilized sex and the fMRI, and surveys have always been a popular mode for studies because they're easy to work with.

16. Yeah, these all seem super short.

Never actually timed myself with another person (or by myself, for that matter), but I can guarantee that the number of times that they've been that short can be counted on one hand.

17. fflowley

fflowley Don't just do something, stand there!

Guys let's remember we were all teenagers and had a bunch of 20 second wonders which drag down the averages........

• Like Like x 2
  18. Baraka_Guru

You guys had sex as a teenager? Lucky!

• Like Like x 5
  19. Katia

Katia Very Tilted

Well, I'm not sure how an app would be able to distinguish between actual intercourse and foreplay, etc. So, if that's true (its all inclusive) it's neither wonder some women are plagued with anorgasmia with their partners.

• Like Like x 1
  20. hamsterball

I have to bow to the experiences of others here. I can only speak from personal experience and those numbers are completely foreign to my experience, including when I was younger.

• Like Like x 2