1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Sex times

Discussion in 'Tilted Life and Sexuality' started by rogue49, Feb 22, 2014.

1. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

Orgasms for men achieved through actual sexual intercourse usually involve some physical effort (we'll leave a discussion about lazy "minute men" up to the TFP ladies :p ).

Masturbating to orgasm doesn't take that much effort, IME.

I'm not so sure that 700 wanking orgasms per year would be that beneficial, other than keeping your bits in working order, and perhaps increased arm strength ;) .

2. Street Pattern

Street Pattern Very Tilted

It's not just masturbation. According to my statistics, year-to-date, 52% were with my wife, 48% solo.

(Yes, I am a lucky man.)

Last edited: Dec 12, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  3. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

I don't really want to know how many orgasms I have in a year, but my guess is it blows 700 out of the water. It's nice to be responsive. I know my husband is nowhere near that, largely due to time constraints.

4. Chris Noyb

The resurgance of your love making--'sex life' sounds way too clinical in this case--with your wife was one of the best things that I read here at TFP in 2014. Many people were pulling for you and your wife.
    --- merged: Dec 12, 2014 2:30 PM ---
    If your multiOs are anything like like my wife's (well, back when she & I were having sex frequently), they sometimes tend to blend together.

Not that a count matters. Sometimes one OMG! orgasm is just perfect for the situation (for instance you're getting dressed to attend some Really Important Event, and you just have to give into your spontaneous I-need-it-right-now! urge).

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2014
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

One would assume masturbation is a part of the equation. It's supposed to be good for you, even if it isn't quite as good for you as sex with a partner.

I haven't had sex anywhere near 700 times my entire life.

6. Herculite

Herculite Very Tilted

As something of a scientist, that really sets off my bullshit detector. I'm guessing its a correlation, not a causation. Men would need to be pretty healthy to have the sex drive and desire (and energy) for 350 a year.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

I'd tend to agree. Most, or at least many, of the chronic killers of men also impact sexual function.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Lindy

Lindy Moderator Staff Member

The article points out that the study does not show causation, only association. "Maybe healthier people have more orgasms, instead of the other way around," says Erick Janssen of the Kinsey Institute.

Any reasonably healthy male who desires sexual release and who possesses functional right (or left)arm and hand should have no trouble attaining orgasm at least once a day.

And what about women and frequent orgasms extending their lives?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Borla

Borla Moderator Staff Member

I'm helping her with that experiment now. I'll keep you posted how it goes. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Street Pattern

Street Pattern Very Tilted

Frequent orgasms are certainly helping my wife feel and look younger.
    --- merged: Dec 12, 2014 at 1:28 PM ---
    But, if those statistics can be believed, most don't. And I don't understand that.

11. Chris Noyb

I'll trust what the urologist told me:

At least 4-5 orgasms a week are good for the male reproductive system.

12. Lindy

I wonder if masturbation is underreported by older men, reflecting the stigma (self abuse, etc.) with which masturbation was once viewed.
    I know the archetype is that women lose interest in sex, but men maybe also just lose interest. My aunt (Mom's younger sister - age 61) complains that her husband just isn't interested in her any more. Whether he is pecker pounding for his own release... who knows? Both of them are attractive and to all appearances physically fit.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Chris Noyb

Pecker pounding, that's one I hadn't heard.

Band name alert! The Pecker Pounders, or better yet, Pound n the Peckers.

EDIT--I think that you're right.

14. Baraka_Guru

Baraka_Guru Möderätor Staff Member

Peter Pecker & the Pounders with their debut album, A Pound of Love.

• Like Like x 5
  15. Chris Noyb

Pound n the Peckers release their appropriately titled tribute album, Cream.

Maybe we should stop now, eh.

16. Lindy

It was their seminal work...:D

• Like Like x 3
  17. Chris Noyb

Topped
    that
    can
    not
    be

• Like Like x 2
  18. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

Yes, but you have to remember...there are many that either under-report (shy, ashamed, denial, etc...) and there are a significant amount of men that are truly not "interested".
    It's just that there is a social stigma in reverse of women, that you "have to" be interested in sex and self-pleasure...otherwise you're not "a man" or enough of a man.
    Many men hide it...or simply just don't "work it" .or advertise it...or don't do it at the level they are "expected" or at their mates desire level.

Frankly, I'd say it's 50-50 believe it or not.
    Same goes with women...there are some that are sexually introverted, some extroverted. (it's just they can't advertise it)

There are many things you cannot admit to or advertise in this world.
    Or in reverse...not believed. (people are really skeptical)

I can't tell you how many times I'd love to just say, here I am...here's the truth...take it or leave it.
    And actually, I try for that. (in an "appropriate" manner...and sometimes not)
    It's a great thing to feel unburdened with.
    Funny thing is...I don't mind people knowing...it's just that people react strangely or negatively. (You can't handle the truth!! :rolleyes:)

In a way, I feel sorry for those who just aren't interested...but cannot freely discuss it. (if they want, that is)

19. MeltedMetalGlob

MeltedMetalGlob Resident Loser Donor

It's findings like these that usually convince me to lunge for the nearest cup of hemlock, until I realize that it probably works in reverse, too- if sex increases your life span, then perhaps the lack of sex will certainly decrease it.

In which case, I look forward to getting it over with as soon as possible, which will likely be something like this:
    [​IMG]

On a side note, going on a road trip with Death has some comic possibilities to it. ;)

Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  20. rogue49

rogue49 Tech Kung Fu Artist Staff Member

From what I understand...is that your body doesn't recognize the difference between orgasms, either by masturbation or intercourse.

Sex, of course, gets more exercise, hormones and other benefits from sexual interaction,
    but as to the orgasms themselves...there is no diff.

So play with yourself or another...doesn't matter...just get off.
    But I'm sure that full sex would be more fun. (or maybe not, depending on who you're with...and what goes on during that session)

Make Mr. Happy...happy. (or Ms. Happy...happy :))

• Like Like x 2