1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Sex trade workers: Do they deserve respect?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Street Pattern, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Street Pattern

Street Pattern Very Tilted

Yes!

To single out female sex workers as uniquely deserving of vehement condemnation is just slut shaming.

2. spindles

spindles Very Tilted

It isn't illegal here - in fact it is quite well regulated, including condom use and I think we are better for it. I do think the word has a negative connotation, however.

Back to the OP - of course they deserve respect - you don't have to want to do the job to respect someone who is doing it.

• Like Like x 2
  3. curiousbear

curiousbear Terse & Bizarre

I know English. Unfortunately I don't know these usages. Perhaps I should learn them but will never use them myself.

4. omega

omega Very Tilted

I think that prostitution should be legalized. I think it's a job, just one that entails more risk. But from what I understand it can be fairly lucrative for a few years. But I think getting it off the street and establishing some regulations would make it markedly safer for all involved.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Spiritsoar

Spiritsoar Slightly Tilted

Absolutely. It was far more accepted, regulated, and safe when I was in Germany and they had laws regulating and protecting.

6. NudeAutoMall

NudeAutoMall New Member

Cam Girls, Strippers, and Prostitutes to name but a few. I've shot them all, and of course they have my respect. Indeed I'm organizing a Car Show to be held at a local Brothel November 1st. Yes I work with these girls a lot.