1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Sherlock

Discussion in 'Tilted Entertainment' started by snowy, Aug 4, 2013.

1. hamsterball

hamsterball Seeking New Outlets

My daughter has been able to download MP4 files of the first two episodes. We transferred copies to a flash drive and we've been able to play them on our TV.
    Each file is about 600 MB.

Episode 2 was very heavy on comedy and it was really entertaining.

2. hamsterball

Program note, especially for @snowy. Episode 3 airs today at 8:30 pm GMT. That'd be 3:30 pm Eastern time; 12:20 Western. That link I shared previously should give you the live streaming feed if you're interested. We might wait for our daughter to download a copy.

I hear this episode will be a big one and that a major character will die. We've all placed our bets on the same character here.

3. Daniel_

Daniel_ The devil made me do it...

Hmm. Don't trust rumours.

It was good.

Watch right through to after the credits...

• Like Like x 1
  4. hamsterball

Thanks for the tip. I'm hoping that we'll be able to watch it tomorrow.

5. Daniel_

Daniel_ The devil made me do it...

There are multiple sudden and surprising changes of direction for several key relationships.

• Like Like x 1
  6. hamsterball

I'm very much looking forward to this. :)

7. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

After watching Elementary with Johnny Lee Miller, this Holmes was especially good. Cumberbatch is quite enjoyable to watch, and Martin Freeman's Watson is much more interesting than Lucy Liu's... Really, I don't know why my wife watches Elementary, at all.

My favorite moment in the show, I have to admit, was the scene where Holme's is telling the emergency department that a guy seems to have fallen out of the window, and then you see the shadow of the guy falling behind Watson and Mrs. Hudson. I couldn't help but think of the scene from the IT Crowd where the old company president jumps out of the window... funny stuff

8. hamsterball

Thanks to my awesome daughter, I'm informed that we have Episode 3 in MP4. Tonight we watch....

9. hamsterball

Episode 3 has to be the most unusual yet. I thoroughly enjoyed it

10. hamsterball

Has anybody on TFP seen "His Last Vow"? I'm curious about your reaction. Please don't include any spoilers though.

11. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

Nope. No spoilers, please. We're still having technical difficulties and my husband does not wish to use alternative methods.

12. hamsterball

I wish I had a way to share them with you, @snowy. However, they start airing this weekend in the US.

13. snowy

Right, which is why I wasn't too concerned.

14. hamsterball

My lips are sealed, @snowy. Please let me know what you think of each one. I'll be interested in you opinion.

15. hamsterball

16. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

Has anyone watched the original 60 minute pilot?

My wife, a massive fan, is of the opinion that Watson was a lot tougher and cooler in the original than in what they went with in the 90 minute first episode. I think she has a point. There are subtle line changes that just seem to make him a little more... soft.

Having just watched episode one of season three, I am liking Watson even less.

17. hamsterball

So, @snowy. Presumably you've now seen Episode 1. What did you think?

18. snowy

Nope, husband didn't want to sit through it to watch the last bit, so I'm still waiting! :(

19. hamsterball

What??? WTF!! Doesn't he realize how important this is? This should be considered a crime.

Hang in there, @snowy. I'm contacting the Red Cross on your behalf.

• Like Like x 1
  20. snowy

I appreciate your concern.

• Like Like x 1