1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

should I get a nose job? (photo inside)

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by DRP967, Apr 16, 2012.

1. cynthetiq

cynthetiq Administrator Staff Member Donor

Not really meant to wear glasses without nose pads. I am currently wearing Sol Moscot Spirit Emile because I wanted something more fashionable. I knew going in that it was not a good idea because I don't have a western nose, so the glasses constantly need to be pushed up. It is much more comfortable to use glasses that have nose pads but less stylish.

I'd say, don't change your face, change your glasses.

[​IMG]

2. KirStang

KirStang Something Patriotic.

I think you'll see greater returns on your appearance from a good haircut and a steady exercise regimen. I would explore those two avenues first before deciding on a semipermanent nose job.

3. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Very Tilted

I've got a giant Caucasian nose... Don't want to mess with it though. You have a good nose, it holds up your glasses, right? My sister had her nose done, and her nostrils look weird, but she's happy as hell with the results, ymmv.

In the end you'll have the surgery or not. Good luck with your decision.

4. Plan9

Plan9 Rock 'n Roll

Wait, a what?

5. Bear Cub

Bear Cub Goes down smooth.

You know, pube maintenance.

6. Speed_Gibson

Speed_Gibson Hacking the Gibson

Were you hanging out with the_jazz by any chance?
    and unless you were a Cyrano de Bergerac then no way. And even then I would try to accept it.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  7. the_jazz

the_jazz Accused old lady puncher

Remarkably, I use that phrase - "God, what an ass" - every single time I read one of your posts.

If you're going to go under the knife, DRP, I highly suggest that you also make yourself taller so see if you can get a doctor to extend your legs. Also, penis pills might be helpful, and nothing says "self-loathing" like skin bleach and hair dye, so invest in those too. Might as well have calf-implants too.

• Like Like x 2
  8. CinnamonGirl

CinnamonGirl The Cheat is GROUNDED!

You look fine, dear. Definitely no need to put yourself under the knife.

9. Fremen

Fremen Allright, who stole my mustache?

Google nose job horror stories and that'll keep the doctor away.

DRP967, your face pulls off that nose really well. Don't disappoint your face.

10. Charlatan

Charlatan sous les pavés, la plage

No. A thousand times, no.

11. greywolf

greywolf Slightly Tilted

Your nose isn't your problem. Your self-image and self-confidence are. So no, because the surgery won't really help with either of those in a way that's good for you. You're asking a group of strangers to advise you on your physical appearance; that should suggest something to you.

On the other hand, it's your nose, face, and money. If it will really (and I mean REALLY) improve your looks in your own mind, and boost your self-confidence, then go ahead. It's no different than a lot of other cosmetic surgeries, and the fact the industry is booming suggests there are a lot of people getting successful results.