1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We've had very few donations over the year. I'm going to be short soon as some personal things are keeping me from putting up the money. If you have something small to contribute it's greatly appreciated. Please put your screen name as well so that I can give you credit. Click here: Donations
    Dismiss Notice

Shut up and take my money.

Discussion in 'Tilted Gear' started by Xerxes, May 25, 2012.

1. OtherSyde

OtherSyde Slightly Tilted

Oversized head? My problem in a narrow face :( I can never find sunglasses that don't look ridiculously huge on my face.

But yeah, there is no way in hell it costs them hundreds of dollars to crank out a pair of glasses. Probably like $20 or so, they just know they've got people by the balls (or eyes) because people need the glasses, and they just abuse the hell out of that power they have over people.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Shadowex3

Shadowex3 Very Tilted

Ducati is a collection of Oakley's different sunglasses with Ducati branding. Oakley's are schizophrenic. The chunky plastic models tend to break if you look at them too hard and the rest will bounce a .22 and can survive almost anything you throw at them.

3. Chris Noyb

Chris Noyb Get in, buckle up, hang on, & be quiet.

I have to get large frames, otherwise they look pinched on my fat face and oversized head. I also have to have adjustable nose pieces, I can't stand having my glasses slide down my nose.

4. OtherSyde

OtherSyde Slightly Tilted

This is them, just FYI...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [The lenses aren't actually scratched, that is just some gunk on there above the DUCATI print. I freaked out when I saw it too, but it came off with the microfiber cloth that the glasses came with :) ]
    Also, they were more expensive than I thought...
    [​IMG]
    But I'm happy with them. They're my driving glasses.

5. Chris Noyb

You pay 4.712% sales tax? Ours in 8.25%.

If I choose the frames carefully (no designer names) at the right place (in my many years of experience--wearing glasses for 45 years--Sam's Club optical offers top quality work for very good prices), I can get prescription sunglasses with high index lenses with AV coating for just a bit over the cost of the Oakley's.

I can appreciate someone wanting top quality sunshades.

6. snowy

snowy so kawaii Staff Member

We have no sales tax :p

7. Chris Noyb

We have no state income tax :cool:.